Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

HAve A heart, People!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Default HAve A heart, People!

A Doctor, a lawyer, and a Mechanic , walk into a restauraunt. The waiter approaches and exclaims, "Doctor Miller, Its Nice to see you. "Come with me, we have reserved the table overlooking the Bay for you".

A few Moments Later, The waiter returns , and exclaims, "Counselor Green", Its wonderful to see you". Come right this way, we have reserved the Table by the fireplace for you"...

After approximately an Hour, The waiter returns, with the manager, Who exclaims,"I'm sorry Sir, But the Dishwashers position has already been Filled"

HAve A heart.....Mechanics are just trying to make a living like everyone else.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

hehe U pay for the quality of work u get and then again even some of the tech we work with are crap. Just like a waiter U pay for the same meal just some people are better at getting it to you in a timely manner and quality service.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

Well then...2 more TRUE stories for your amusement.....

The past Three days here in "Sunny" Pennsylvania.. Have been Trashed by a 3 inch thick Ice storm...... The roads are horrible, and I was the oonly tech who Stayed at the shop in the hopes of making ANY money.

Woman walks in with a K04 Recall notice ( Replacement of a potentially leaking AIR CONDITIONING Hose). She proceeds to ask the service writer if he can put a Rush on it, so that she can "Get -Off" the roads before the storm gets any worse.....????? (By the way...Her air conditioning was working FLAWLESSLY). So...let me get this straight...She Braved 3 inches of Ice, in Sub zero cold, to get her FREE A/C hose???? And she wants a rush Job because she doesnt want to be out on the roads in their present Condition???? DUH....??

Chrysler Corp has Mailed out "Special Coupons" to random customers in the local dealerships Data base. LOF, Tire rotation, and replacement wiper blades, for 22.95. They have set Tech time on this "Package" to 4/10ths....Cash customers, Tech Time would have been 1.3 hrs. So we are all a bit annoyed.

A woman Knocks on my Bay door, and asks if I was the Tech who Serviced her car. She pointed to a 2007 dodge Caliber. I responded "Yes Ma'm" That would be me" , "Is there a Problem??"...."Yes",There is a Problem!!! A Big One!!! She explained.....

She Informed me That I FORGOT TO VACUUM HER CARPETS..!!!!

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 01-19-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

some people u should be shamed of yourself =)

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM

It gets worse every year. It seems that people have lost their minds.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:49 PM

In the latest Installment of the Djinns' escapades.

Its winter time here in sunny Pennsylvania, the Snow is on the ground, and the frozen rain is still falling.

So aside from the obvious complaint of my brakes arent right, because the brake pedal shakes violently when I try to stop, It seems to happen only when I'm on ICE .....or the work order that I recieved yesterday morning

08 SEBRING ....Customer states vehicle will not accelerate properly. Customer also states that this concern seems to Co-incide with a Flashing "SWERVY CAR LAMP" on the dash. Chk and advise.

Customer walks in , and is greeted by our Service writer. Which is when Hell breaks loose. He informs the writer that the wipers on his 08 Jeep Wrangler have STOPPED WORKING, and are standing straight up the middle of the windshield. He then proceeds to inform the writer that after spending some 30 grand on a vehicle (It was purchased at a competitors dealership by the way) He expected more than to not be able to see out his windshield.

Ok, Simple enough so far. The vehicle only has 24K on it, and 3/36 warranty still has 8 months, and Truthfully, yes he should expect to be able to see out his windshield......Until................

I took the repair ticket and Brought the car into the shop, to find that the arms were so badly BENT, that with the wipers parked, the blades were VERTICAL on the glass. I expected to see them run off the side of the truck when I turned them on...BUT THEY DIDNT MOVE. Opening the Hood revealed A CHUNK of Ice in the wiper linkage well that had forced the cowl up and bent it as the linkage went around, and Jammed on the Ice.

I snapped a digital Photo of the vehicle, (As I Usually do with a potentially PROBLEM customer) And Told the service writer That in my opinion, The ice was not cleared from the windshield prior to attempting wiper operation, causing Irreparable damage to wiper components. NOT A WARRANTABLE ISSUE.

After much yelling cursing and screaming, I was called up front to explain My findings to the customer......
I explained that Ice and Snow deposits MUST be REMOVED from the glass prior to attempting wiper operation. His Response.............

Are You Telling me that this vehicle cannot handle ICE AND SNOW, And I have To go outside at 4:30 in the morning and clean off my car before I can Drive it????You must be Joking!

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

enough people like this will bitch about having to do something like this enough the feds will make it a law that all new cars come with wiper deicers just like they did with TPM people are lazy now a days. I mean shoot who the heel checks there oil and tire pressure now a days??

Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm loving this thread.

Yesterday a guy comes in says he has some sort of light on I think ABS. Im standing there listening to the whole conversation with my back turned. He also states that his car is under warranty...ok..yeah..maybe let's just see what the issue is. Advisor tells him there is a diag fee up front. IF it's under warranty it will be waived of course. Long story short, he has taken it another shop that doesn't have the scan tools to look at his ABS and wants to get us to look at it for free so the other guys can fix it for him...lol. He apparently thought his POWERTRAIN warranty coverd his ABS light...yeah. Of course he refuses the diag fee and leaves. We''ll see him again soon enough.

A woman calls and buys a new PCM from parts. I see the transaction and ask the sales guy what's up. This person has a "guy" who can program it for 45 bucks. Ok, so out of sight out of mind 2 days later I get handed this PCM...yes the same person. Turns out this "guy" can't program it AT ALL because it's 2007 and WiTECH/CAN BUS. I look ay the DTC before I replace it. I install and program it. Didn't road test it because the customer didn't want to pay any diag fee to US. However they still ask if it is fixed. Well, how the hell should I know?!?!?! Let your "guy" tell you...lol

Yes, it did come back a day or two later. They still didn't want to pay US any diag fee. I hope their "guy" figured out what step of the test he screwed up and maybe they'll get a refund for the $800 PCM they didn't need.

Last edited by TNtech; 02-06-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

yeah I had that kinda BS b4
04 SRT4 neon guy wanted the PCM programed humm ok 1 hour labor.
Went out look at it well a used pcm wont program to his vin which u guys know just saying for people out there that dont know this.
Told the service adviser that he needs a new PCM and the one that he has was not even the right one hard ware or software to run this SRT4.
Then the **** storm came down on me no less. The cust came by and wanted to get into it with me saying he had spoken to i dont know 4 or 5 people saying this PCM would work and bla bla bla just program the dam thing. I asked him where he got it a junk yard of course then I has said sir U have a SKIM key in your car the Skim pin numer needs to match what the skim module has it it wont work they wont talk to each other and the car wont start. That went over well then I said ok dont believe me on that how about this went to the car with him watching pulled the PCM part number up wrote it down and then looked at the codes there were like 15 all input and out once for items that the car did not even have. Went to the MDS pulled up dealer connect typed in the part number and it came up with a 2.4 PT none turbo.
He say it for his own eyes and asked me why then did they tell me it would work. I said because there job is to sell u parts not fix cars. Would u trust your local car washer to replace your heart if U have a heart issue? Looked at me all kinda stupid
I said its your call u do what U want I have a ride home and I know it works right.

The whole point it people can rig up what ever they want and when it does not work the same as it is suppose to or not how they want only one person has the blame and its not me.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:56 PM

I hope their "guy" figured out what step of the test he screwed up and maybe they'll get a refund for the $800 PCM they didn't need
.TEST??? WHAT TEST??? You Mean theres a TEST?? You Mean you dont just pick a part out of a Hat and hope for the Best?? You mean I wasted 25 Bucks on My Diagnostic Dice??? (Well , Not actually wasted. I saw them and laughed so hard that I just had to have them!!)

I have one for this coming week, From a Nissan dealer with a 2005 Neon coming thru trade channels. They bought a PCM from us, Bought an NGC Connector repair kit, put it all together, and sent it back to us to be programmed......

The Acrid scent of burnt electronics, along with the "No Bus" message in the Odometer window made me think twice.

Grabbed the first "Pin-out" box I could find, and check power and ground to PCM...Nothing....The pins arent even in the right holes....C1 Black ???? Looking a bit further, I noticed the C4 Green connector has been replaced....And sure enough......I found power and ground for C! black, all functioning and intact, but in the WRONG connector.

Now as I said..This is another dealership....I know mistakes happen...But you would THINK , that "One of our OWN" would understand this better than the average customer??? FAT CHANCE...The SVC manager at Nissan Swears its Impossible, and State that we sold him the wrong connector, and a BUM PCM.....

If "YOU" were fixing a black Connector, for the Bottom slot of a component, WHY WOULD YOU PUT A GREEN SHELL on it And install it in the TOP slot of a component???? ......But as always......ITS NOBODIES FAULT BUT OURS

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-06-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: HAve A heart, People!