Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

HAve A heart, People!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM

After standing in the shadows for some time, For My own disgust at what the industry has turned into, I am thoroughly dismayed that a valued professional on this site is as fed up with the nonsense as I have been.

People........This is a LIVING for us. Just like a Doctor, or Lawyer, or Butcher , or Barkeep. This is how we feed our families, and keep a dry spot over our heads.

I wont begin to lie and say that there arent the "Devious And Dishonest" in our circle, but just like any other profession, this is a fact of life. Most of you have jobs of your own, and have seen Co-Workers acting indiscriminantly, Or bosses pushing the "High Profit" items to pad the companies Gross Profit. It happens at the butcher, it happens at the real estate office, it happens at the Insurance company.

WHY Is the Auto industry being SINGLED OUT for poor behavior, while every other industry that you use every day slides by without notice????

Why is it that your vehicle breaks down at an in -opportune time, and the fact that it will be a hardship on you, becomes synonomous with Being ripped off by A Mechanic???

Now, Having said that, after almost 30 years in the Business, I know a Quality tech when I hear one. There are guys here on this forum, That I have NEVER met, Or seen , But yet I can tell you that they are Professionals.
They Volunteer their time, to help total strangers. Some of you Are grateful, while others seem to think that They are to be used as a sounding board for your Peeves.
Regardless of your own Occupation, your time at home, should not be filled with strangers calling you a Thief, or Bashing your choice of profession.

You have alienated one of the most valuable sources on this forum, Just by going off topic. This is not a financial forum, it isnt a complaint Hotline. Chrysler has a 1-800 number for that.

How can you expect help and advice from someone that you Wont respect, or show common courtesy to???? And why should he be expected to provide help and advice while being called a Thief and a fool.??????

Just consider..........A poor businessman doenst treat his customers with respect, as well as a Poor CUSTOMER doesnt treat his businessman with respect. It works both ways.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like u and TNtech have been getting bashed all kinda good huh?
I feel ya brother I guess i have a thicker skin for some of this does not bother me because I am not the one with the broken down car or what ever issue they have. One rule of thumb I have come across is that if some one has to pay for something they get real mad about it because its there money so they will go on the defensive.

I dont mind that so much they are mad about something so they lash out on who ever is there or will listen. I am sure the advisers at your shop hear and see this much more then u guys do being in the back. As i own my biz I get to wear all the hats and experience it all with that stuff.

Most human nature will not change for this matter on this subject.

I looked at a woman's 98 JXI for a coolant leak the other day Water pump,the cross over pipe and the housing on the back with the t stat and tubes under the distributor all leaking. I gave a quote for 1063 to fix all parts tax and labor. She whined and txt me back later and said she found a mechanic that would do it all for 375. Hehe i chuckled and said U cant even get all the parts to do that job correctly for 375 so good luck with that.

SO i will be hearing back from here a bit later when her 375 band-aid did not cure her issues. And i will hear it again how expensive I am and so on.