Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

let's get hot

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Default let's get hot

Hey all, we need some excitement on this board, let's smoke it!
Here is something to think about, maybe i'll get under you skin.
Let's start with some facts, dispute this if you want, here goes:

there are not alot of members or posts here, likely because:
not alot of problems with the Chrysler vehicles, not p.o. enough.
i've got a pac, don't see alot of postings, Dodge has a ton of them.
the things i see are run of the mill, comon in most new line ups.
i know there is a ton of pacs out there, most seem content.

that brings us to criteria: when you have problems, we should know:
is yours a new vehicle, a lease, a second owner, a wrecked rebuild ...
let's assume most are first owners like me, and i'll admit, i've been concerend.

the big one for me is the front end rice crispy noise: simple, CV joint booties.
electrical is comon to Chrysler, but probably to all newer cars, there is a ton of electrical stuff going on.
underpowered for the pac, yes, but i can make it work, even blow some doors off. help is coming.
in the form of a 4 liter, six speed automatic, turbo options, you'll need new tires often.
it's not a hot rod, very versatile, and most of the time very good - oh yea, and great looking.

BMW has problems, so does Mercedes, let's face it, they are all cost cutting.
work out the bugs on yours, the service is not always the best, so this forum will help alot.
let me go a step further, this should get some response out of you:

the work force is not what it used to be, less educated, lazy, union ... oh yea, union.
it's served it's purpose, but now it's a skirt to hide behind, my way or strike ...
attitude is bad, not getting what they want, so we'll just not work so good - could it be?

i could go on, but just do this: look at the japanese, they need work bad, they want to work, they care.
foreign builders are now building in the u.s., all in non-union states, people glad to have a job, and work well.
but it may catch up with them, they'll have their troubles one day, but for now, Detroit is failing, big time!

ok, insert response here:

Old 10-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: let's get hot

Amercian executives have been taught profit is everything. They fail to reason that they get money by providing excellent customer service, meaning offering people a quality car at an affordable price. This is how Toyota and Honda had gotten so big. First offering remarkably reliable vehicles, then offering great milage per gallon.

Let's reverse that to...Chrysler...not to pick on Chrysler, I love Chrsyler, but they need to pick up their game. Specifically the 300. The thing is a beautiful car. That doesn't mean people will buy them. The transmissions are horrible, and if the executives would have done research from previous use of the transmission, they would have found out it sucks.

Interior materials. They're so cheap I wouldn't be suprised if it came from a dollar general in china or something. Fuel consumption. Yes it is a big car, a full size car, but if the price range is competitive with other cars, then the Mpg should be competitive as well. The only thing the 300's mpg is competing with is the Hummer. We need to get rid of unions and strengthen the system from within.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:46 PM

that's it - what i'm talking about - i knew i wasn't the only one

yep, i like chrysler and dodge, greatest styling in all of automotive history, but you gotta have the goods behind the styling. let's hear from others, that's how you get their attention. i was a huge fan of mopar in the 70's, had two challengers and can't wait for the new one. i'm learning to deal with all the imperfections, all big 3 have them, left gm for that reason: cheesie chrome plating that would flake off the shifter and cut your finger, panels falling off, plastic crumbling in your hands. been around awhile, and i'm closer than ever to the automotive market, learned how they cut corners, it's sad ... we'll get over the next peak, get back to building the future, hybrids, e85, whatever, just stay ahead of the competition, make AMERICA great again

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Amen

Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: pacmania

that's it - what i'm talking about - i knew i wasn't the only one

yep, i like chrysler and dodge, greatest styling in all of automotive history, but you gotta have the goods behind the styling. let's hear from others, that's how you get their attention. i was a huge fan of mopar in the 70's, had two challengers and can't wait for the new one. i'm learning to deal with all the imperfections, all big 3 have them, left gm for that reason: cheesie chrome plating that would flake off the shifter and cut your finger, panels falling off, plastic crumbling in your hands. been around awhile, and i'm closer than ever to the automotive market, learned how they cut corners, it's sad ... we'll get over the next peak, get back to building the future, hybrids, e85, whatever, just stay ahead of the competition, make AMERICA great again
I can't stand GM, stuff just doesn't hold up and they come out with cars that you look at and think...do you really think someone is going to buy that? The Trans Am I own will probably be the last GM I ever buy unless I happen to purchase a Corvette. On my Trans Am the passenger side door panel has a crack, headlight motor had issues, rotors warping...never a major serious problem just a bunch of stupid crap that urks me. Chrysler by far isn't much better and their parts quality and life need to be improved, but there style and taste make me feel better about having dumb issues.