Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Turtle Wax Ice

Old 05-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default Turtle Wax Ice

Anyone who's looking for a great way to clean their car relatively fast, Turtle Wax Ice products are the best car care products out there, period. We own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and off-roading is an everyday task. Our street is nothing but one mile of pure compacted dirt, making our Jeep stained with a light filth. When it rains out, that dirt makes our Jeep exceptionally muddy as we're going down the road. Clumps of mud easily become an eyesore traveling or when guests come and notice the hideous thing in the driveway. As an extra precaution, we attempted to keep our Grand Cherokee as beautiful as we first received it.
Despite failed efforts with name brand products and not to mention loads of cash spent on the cleaning items, we were unable to find a real product that simply was fast, affordable, but most importantly left our Jeep generously maintained. Then I heard about Turtle Wax Ice & remembered I had never tried any of their products before. The first thing I had noticed about the product was its design. Ice simply stood out from the rest of the other products I had, with its slanted, eye-grasping blue cap and cool car pictured on the front clear container resembling ice.
Who can judge a book by its cover though? I decided to give Turtle Wax Ice a shot, specifically the Ice Synthetic Spray Detailer, Ice Synthetic Liquid Polish and some Turtle Wax 1-Step Wax & Dry Car Wax gotten from Christmas. So I go outside and just gaze at our Jeep, wondering how long it's going to take to clean the mess. It took nearly two hours to wash it twice, getting all the mud off, but would suggest anyone else to go through an auto car wash to avoid hassle. What wasn't a hassle and took about 3 minutes for each application were the Ice/Turtle Wax car care products.
I started out mildly coating a panel at a time with the 1-Step Wax & Dry while it was partially wet, which then was cleared of any excess wax. We hadn't waxed our Jeep in nearly a year and it needed the wax. It was kind of cool standing there and watching the water dripping from the roof onto the panels and forming a bead like effect for once. Secondly, the Ice Synthetic Spray Detailer was used. With the spray action, there was no mess trying to pour it into a cloth. Lastly the Synthetic Liquid Polish was used. I was glad a micro-fiber cloth was included so I wouldn't be forced to use an old rag, which could have scratched the paint or left it streaky. The Liquid Polish simply brought out beauty.
I had my mother come out and inspect the vehicle afterwards and she had commented, "It looks better then the day we bought it." I had to agree with her, the combination of the two Turtle Wax products was just stunning. What's amazing though is that the place we bought the Jeep uses expensive professional car care products, and Turtle Wax Ice was bought relatively affordable at a store, but still looked way better. I was so stunned by the sheer performance of the car care products that I had to buy more of it, even though a large amount was still remaining after the application. It's just that amazing.

Take a look at the before and after pictures to see for yourself how amazing Turtle Wax Ice

Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Default RE: Turtle Wax Ice

EXCELLENT Review Matt!!

~Amanda

Old 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Turtle Wax Ice

cool! i agree with admin, good reveiw. I oughta try that on my car!