Other Any other Chrysler within.

sensor name question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:58 AM
Default sensor name question

ok i have been having a code 51 for years on my 95. i sold car then got it back still same code. i was looking at the 02 sensor connector and i found it to be full of oil. so in researching any issues that cause the 02 to fail so fast i found that oil wicking into it thru the wiring can damage the sensor, i then took off the tape and the plastic loom and the wires from the ecu connectors all the way back to the sensors are all oil soaked. then as i started to remove the harness i found under the alt. way down what looks like the power steering line one last sensor and it points up and that connector was full of oil and dripping out. and the harness connector to it is sealed with an o'ring type connector, so i think that sensor was pushing oil up into the harness and then the oil was finding it's way to the rest of the sensors. now the oil may not bother the other sensors but i think it was bothering the 02 sensor.

anyway is that sensor way down under the alt. by the power steering lines the power steering pressure sensor i need to know so i know what to ask for? i want to change it so for one i can stop the oil leak
and keep the harness clean and if it was causing the 02 sensor to fail then fix that at the same time. thanks bp.

found the name and got one

Last edited by corvairbob; 05-31-2018 at 07:23 PM.