Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

HELP, wiper relays clicking, ABS/TC/BK lights on, Radio dark...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Default do you have any pics of this locations

Originally Posted by dms3mi
So far... We have resolved the clicking relay issue, but I'm still working on a couple of minor things not working correctly.

The start of my problems began when rodents chewed through a harness.
We had to repair about 8 wires due to rodents and the vehicle was then working fine.

After wrapping the harnesses back up and reassembling the vehicle we inadvertently triggered another issue.
This was the ground connections on the Frame Rail ground studs driver side under the battery.
The ground connections were badly corroded and we managed to pull/break one loose during re-assembly.
Upon finding this we found they were all badly corroded and not making good connection.
We ended up taking all the wires and cut off the last inch or so of wire to get good un-corroded wire to add a new lug onto.

So far we have repaired the grounds at the Frame Studs and multiple chewed wires.
We did repair one intermittent ground inside the vehicle under the dash also in the driver side footwell.
Added 2 additional Battery Grounds, one to frame on passenger side, one on alternator base (probably unnecessary ultimately)
We also added the Additional power wire from the battery to the fuse box per another post suggestion.

After all we've seen I would suggest tugging on each ground wire to the ground stud on the frame rail under the battery box.
There are several ground studs there.
Clean the studs and contact points to make sure there is a good ground there.
These appear to be highly susceptible to corrosion (go figure considering location!)

do you have any pics of this location

Old 04-05-2014, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by dms3mi
Sorry for the delayed response.

It was the ground connections on the inside driver side frame just in front of the front axle.
They are very difficult to inspect well due to their location.

Ultimately it was found by "accident" as we had already checked them once.

We were tugging and pulling on connections again when one pulled loose due to corrosion.
The ends that were in the terminals were all corroded and the strands of wire were beginning to break apart.

This was my issue but looks like there are many other variations of this on this car.
How did you stop the relay from clicking. Is the car still fixed?