Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 T&C 1 and 4 not firing

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Question 2005 T&C 1 and 4 not firing

My 3.8 T&C is in my mechanics shop now after it cranked but ran very rough all of a sudden. Ran fine day before and I assumed it was something simple like a coil pack...wishful thinking. It will still crank and run, but very badly and worse at any speed much above idle. Mech verifed cyl 1 and 4 not getting proper fire and replaced the coil pack 2x from **vance auto parts. Both replacement cracked after just a few seconds of running. Got a Mopar replacement and it ran for about a minute then went rough, but did not crack. He has replaced the crank sensor. He has searched for a short in the control circuits but has found none. Anyone with ideas or experience with similar problem? I am suspecting a PCM failure, but hate the idea of buying one and finding it's not the problem with no return possible. Trobleshooting ideas welcomed, just remember it does crank and run rough with 1&4 cyl issues.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:23 AM

I have an 07 PT Cruiser with a 2.4L and it's doing the same thing except on 2 & 3.
I've checked/replaced everything but the PCM. Guess I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one.
I found a company on ebay called Solo Auto parts in Miami that gives a lifetime warranty on theirs and they program it to your car for $199. Of course it's a reflashed one but if it's guaranteed for life then why not?

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy2
My 3.8 T&C is in my mechanics shop now after it cranked but ran very rough all of a sudden. Ran fine day before and I assumed it was something simple like a coil pack...wishful thinking. It will still crank and run, but very badly and worse at any speed much above idle. Mech verifed cyl 1 and 4 not getting proper fire and replaced the coil pack 2x from **vance auto parts. Both replacement cracked after just a few seconds of running. Got a Mopar replacement and it ran for about a minute then went rough, but did not crack. He has replaced the crank sensor. He has searched for a short in the control circuits but has found none. Anyone with ideas or experience with similar problem? I am suspecting a PCM failure, but hate the idea of buying one and finding it's not the problem with no return possible. Trobleshooting ideas welcomed, just remember it does crank and run rough with 1&4 cyl issues.