Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 2.8crd heater plug location

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Default 2007 2.8crd heater plug location

Hi,

Just bought a 2.8crd GV and it has issues starting so going to change glow plugs ready for winter hoping this will rectify the issue. Also the battery isnt the correct type so will replace this. It starts when attached to a jump pack after a few turn overs then runs fine. Just need to know the location of the plugs and a guide to remove and replace please if anyone on the forum can assist.

Cheers Dan

Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM
tfb
Old 11-11-2014, 01:35 PM

List for you, read a bit [search for start] then ask your questions. I wouldn't touch anything till I'd cured the battery, the glow's are easy to test and cost nothing to test. There are lots of threads on battery's

Best of luck !

Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Fully aware about the battery issues on these as i owned a 2.5 crd before and after using a fully charged jump pack it started after a few attempts, so i am fairly certain it is the glow plug circuit. Is it an easy job or does it require removing the inlet manifold to gain access to the plugs?

Thanks Dan

Old 11-11-2014, 03:01 PM

What are you getting out of the glow plugs anyway.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:39 PM

Workshop manual, they are almost impossible to find particularly the diesel. If you open this and look for 14a FUEL SYSTEM. The book covers the fuel system on the 2.8L AND 2.5L. Hope this helps.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:49 PM

An update for you all..........
After checking out a few things and doing a "key dance" i had P0403 code appear which is an EGR valve electrical malfunction. I stripped down the EGR valve and vacuum tested it which showed that it was open all the time. To rectify this i just simply blanked off the EGR valve and gave everything a good clean as it was all gunked up. Now the 2.8CRD is starting straight away in the mornings and driving like a dream. Still have the code present however it isnt affecting it in any way.
Hope this helps,
Dan

Old 11-14-2014, 01:52 PM

So here is the EGR blanked off and its running ok. Last time I heard about this blanking off, the control module would need to be remapped or similar. But control has noted that EGR is not operating correctly so fault code will stand.
But wondering if this will pass MOT status. Emissions ?

Old 11-14-2014, 02:20 PM

Had a long drive in it today purely for test purposes and all was well, in fact it was great. Engine starting straight away, felt smoother, quicker on the power and no horrible plumes of exhaust coming out the back on hard acceleration or over-run. The P0403 code is still present when I do a keydance but it has no effect on the performance. On some cars namely my mates Volvo V50 he had to drill an 8mm hole in the blank to then make it a restrictor plate as the sensors could tell it was fully blanked and threw up an EML fault code. As far as im aware it should pass emissions as diesels are only smoke tested. In my mechanical opinion blanking off the EGR valve is better long term for a diesel engine and definitely by what i witnessed last night with all the sludge in the pipe after the egr absolutely caked in sludge. Not good for the engine whatsoever.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:27 PM
tfb

I'm surprised that the MIL isn't lit with the EGR blanked, most ECU's will detect the increase of air through the MAF. I'm a big fan of blanking EGR's and have done it on all of my older cars, which don't monitor parameters as closely. If the MIL is lit, then it's a MOT failure

I'll give it a try on the Chrysler I think.

Regards
Richard

Quick Reply: 2007 2.8crd heater plug location