Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Town And Country, Many Problems, please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Default 2011 Town And Country, Many Problems, please help

1. Tire Wear issue:
My Kumho tires are near bald at 30,000 miles, i think i can last till 35,000 miles or before winter hits, most city/highway miles and always inflated to 38-40psi, so the question is, are you guys having similar issue? i come to think most tires start getting bald at 40 to 50k mark, i could be wrong

2. Tire Size issue:
On my OEM tires it says 230 60 R17 Kumho tires
but on tire rack when im searching for new tires for my car its 225 65 R17

whats going on? or no major difference? should i get same tire size or tire size on tire rack?

3. MPG issue:
My mpg reader hovers around 15-16 city and 20-21 highway when its suppose to be 17 city and 25 highway for a combined 21, but im getting like combined 16-17/18, i drive with eco mode on ALWAYS and drive very conservatively, each full tank i get about 240-280 miles between fill ups of 16.5 gallons, this comes down to about 16.5mph combined (260/16.5 = 15.75 on average, way below the 21 claimed by chrysler), engine oil always changed on time and tires always at 38-40psi, you guys have similar problems? or something i can do to my car to increase it by extra 5-6 mpg combined? i drive city and highway equally

4. Carbon Deposits issue:
Dealer informed me around 22k miles that I had carbon buildup and it would cost me a pretty penny, $500+ to be exact to clean, should i do it? or should i seafoam it

5. HID issue:
Last but not least, i want to change to HIDs but have trouble understanding something.... on the manual it says for the bulb sizes:

Fog Lamp: PSX24W
Headlamp - (Low and High Beam Halogen) - H11
Headlamp (HID) Low Beam - D1S

side note: im planning to buy from DDMTUNING.com for the hid kits since my friend says they are good

whats the difference between "headlamp low and high beam halogen" vs "headlamp (HID) low beam"?

does this mean that if i want to get an HID Kit i would have to buy H11 size bulb size + ballast ?

or does this mean that I would have to buy an HID kit for sizes D1S?

I also talked to an ddmtuning sales rep, he said i should check what bulbs my car came from, is this easily done by looking at the bulbs inside the car? supposedly its marked on the bulbs

he also recommended H16 for my fog lights

my last question is: did anyone buy HID kits for a 2011 chrysler town and country and what size bulbs did you buy and any issues ? such as flickering? error codes?

thank you, i know its long =(

Old 10-07-2013, 09:57 PM

1. 38-40 psi sounds a bit high. What does your owners manual recommend? Over-inflation can shorten tire life.

2. What tire size does your owners manual recommend? Stick with it.

3. Gas mileage is highly variable. Vehicle load, hilly terrain, length of trip, habits like excessive idling or warming up the car in the driveway, state of tune of the engine all affect fuel usage.
Manufacturers' published fuel economy figures are not meant to predict what YOU will get, but are meant to allow you to compare this vehicle to others undergoing the same test procedures for comparative purposes.

4. If your throttle body needs cleaning, then by all means clean it. If you want to learn how, there is lots of information out there to be had. The best method involves taking things apart and getting in there to do it. Only you know if your mechanical abilities and tool box are up to the task.

5. Questions about HID replacement bulbs are best directed to the source of those bulbs.