Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Voyager Headphones.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Default Grand Voyager Headphones.

Hi all. Just joined so apologies if this is posted in the wrong area. Just bought a 2004 2.8 Grand Voyager limited xs. It's my first and I love it ! One thing tho. Only one set of headphones work with the dvd. Tried batteries but nothing. It powers up though. Do you have to pair them or should they just work ? Cheers. Chris.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
pob

I have the same year/model and mine didn't come with any headphones.
But to play the sound through the car speakers you tune the radio to 88.1FM
Therefore I presume it should work automatically or they need to tuned into 88.1
You should be able to use any mobile phone with a radio receiver and headphones.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:08 PM

Confused !! Not sure i understand ! headphones are IR. I seem to have them working but not great reception.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM

If your vehicle is already equipped with a 6 disc cd/dvd player, you may get NO SOUND from the headphones, however the DVD screen will work but there is sound from the speakers, this is due to the fact starting on Jan 1, 2004, engineering went back to a IR system. The only part number listed in the latest Mopar books is ONLY for a RF (radio freq.) system only. The vehicles now have a RF & IR system, the dvd/cd changer and headphones are not interchangeable. If you have already installed the RF kit into this RS that has been built after Jan 1, 2004 (has IR system). You have the option of simply changing the DVD/CD changer to a RF changer, or removing the overhead & headphones and installing the IR kit.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:25 PM

If one set is working then it means the IR side of things is functioning correctly. Firstly there are 2 channels on the headphones, A or B. Make sure they correspond with the channel you have chose in the options on the DVD player. If that doesn't work you will need a new set of headphones, unless you can repair them yourself.

Regards

Dan

Old 05-16-2014, 05:11 AM

Thanks everyone. The system is definitely IR and appears to work. One set of headphones are faultless whereas the other one only seems to work in certain areas of the car. I dont think they were supplied with the vehicle when new as they are only one channel. Part Num on headphones : VM2AMF-18K909-AB. I think the system only has single CD and the DVD player. Well i cant get any more CD's in the unit anyway lol !! (one for the Sat Nav / CD audio {RB3} and the DVD although this will play Audio CD's as well). I have ordered some new 2 Channel headphones which are due in a day or too so will see how they work. Trying to work out all the different Audio configs !!!!
As you can probably tell, i received no handbook with this car when i bought it. Does anyone know where i can get some info, Handbooks etc ?

Thanks All, Chris.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Im not sure about where you can locate owner's manuals for international vehicles like your diesel engine Voyager but you can download a 2004 Chrysler Town & Country owner's manual at: My Chrysler: Chrysler Owners Service Manuals - Chrysler Cars, Minivans, SUVs, Convertibles, Crossovers

This should have very similar information that may be helpful.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:10 AM

Thanks everyone. Having a flick through the user guide Chryslercares pointed out to me. That will be very helpfull indeed.
Cheers, Chris.