Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlamps replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Default Headlamps replacement

I have the US T&C with simmetric lights. In Europe the assymetric lights are in use.

Does anybody know if I can replace US lamps with EU lamps without replacing the whole wiring?

Or maybe go further and change normal lamps to EU xenon - is it possible in the easy way ?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Model year?

Logic tells me the wiring would be the same but I have nothing to prove it here in the states. Is your local dealership of any help? Is there another van you can compare the plug and wiring to?

Military stationed overseas? I was stationed in England for a time in the early 90s. Had an American spec car (VW Jetta) the whole time we were there. Just re-aiming the headlights didn't solve the problem according to the Ministry of Transportation (MOT). The beam pattern was still out to lunch. I was told I needed new headlight assemblies. At $150 per assembly, I looked for options. I found there were tape kits available to apply to American spec headlights to make them Euro compliant. These kits were actually made for temporary use for those traveling to the continent from Britain but in my case they worked for 5+ years. MOT was happy. I was happy and $300 richer. May still be an option.

Nothing to do with your situation but another problem I had was the headlights had to have a parking light function and had to be white. Of course mine were the typical yellow/amber lights in a separate fixture. To remedy it I drilled a hole in the top of each headlight housing and mounted a small white bulb in it. I then cut the wires to the amber lights and spliced them into a new harness to the new white bulbs. MOT was happy. Great fun.

A little research says you are in Poland. Even less chance any of that applies but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 12-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 AM

Sorry,
I just updated my profile.
Model is 2011 Town&Country Touring L.

They use roads in a different side in England . The tape may have help. In my country is also helps with cars from GB. But with american cars there is a different problem. It is that headlamps have no evident light refraction (it is called assymetric light). That's why I'm thinking of changing lamps and wonder if putting european version would be enough...
The problem with dealers is that they don't care about american versions and usually do not know that (I was told four (!) different opinions in three different dealers. In one place electricians started even to argue. I just left...