General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Default 2004 pacifica

Front right hand side turn signal does not work. Replaced bulb, did a continuity check on the light harness. Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing for readings on power and ground. The Bronx seems to be flashing on and off with the signal when turned on. Any ideas would be appriciated!!!!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mike315
Front right hand side turn signal does not work. Replaced bulb, did a continuity check on the light harness. Not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing for readings on power and ground. The Bronx seems to be flashing on and off with the signal when turned on. Any ideas would be appriciated!!!!

Probably easier to check for voltage then continuity. turn the signal on and check from the ground in the socket not the body somewhere and the flasher wire. if nothing ground somewhere else and see. if not look for a plug or something follow the wires and see where they go. I am not sure if they are fused or not look there also.

Hope this helps.
I'll check back.

Mr.Fixit

Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Default thank you for replying

I did a continuity check on the light harness itself. Looked good. Did a voltage and ground check after and compared to the left side. The only thing that differed was the ground reading. Showed perfect ground on the side that didn't work and 1.4k on the side that did, without power applied. Did notice that the ground flashed from good to nothing when signal was on, continuity from ground to frame, on the non working side. Which in turn confused the hell out of me. Thinking it grounds back threw the directional?

Old 04-01-2015, 01:31 PM

I did a continuity check on the light harness itself. Looked good. Did a voltage and ground check after and compared to the left side. The only thing that differed was the ground reading. Showed perfect ground on the side that didn't work and 1.4k on the side that did, without power applied. Did notice that the ground flashed from good to nothing when signal was on, continuity from ground to frame, on the non working side. Which in turn confused the hell out of me. Thinking it grounds back threw the directional?
Don't do a continuity check with power applied. did ya check for 12.v at the socket? park light is by it's self but turn and 4 way use the same filament in the bulb. put 4 way on and see if it will flash. if ya check the grounds do it with the bulb removed. i don't believe it grounds back through the switch that's an extra wire that's not necessary .

let me know how ya did.

Mr.Fixit

Old 04-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Default confused

Did a cotinuity check on the lightharness with it unplugged from the main. Everything looked excellent, no corossion and plugs are in great shape. Checked power between both sides, held consistent at 10.7V. Checked ground with power off and the bad side read 0.00 and the good side read 1.4K. Which leads me to believe it is a ground opperated circuit and that im reading the switch at the other end. 4way and flasher do not work on the bad side. Been looking around online to find a print to confirm what I'm seening or at least point me in the right direction. Unsuccessful as of yet. Got a lead to a free sight but a family of 5 haven't left me time to pursue it lol

Old 04-02-2015, 10:10 AM

Did a cotinuity check on the lightharness with it unplugged from the main. Everything looked excellent, no corossion and plugs are in great shape. Checked power between both sides, held consistent at 10.7V. Checked ground with power off and the bad side read 0.00 and the good side read 1.4K. Which leads me to believe it is a ground opperated circuit and that im reading the switch at the other end. 4way and flasher do not work on the bad side. Been looking around online to find a print to confirm what I'm seening or at least point me in the right direction. Unsuccessful as of yet. Got a lead to a free sight but a family of 5 haven't left me time to pursue it lol
You should have more then 10.7 volts. put the bulb in turn 4 ways on and add a ground to socket from where ever you can find one. if it flashes your ground in the socket is bad.

Let me know how ya did.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 AM

Put 4 way spindles and see if it will display. I don't believe it returns through the change that's an additional cable that's not necessary.