300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2000 concorde foam in overlow?? help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Default 2000 concorde foam in overlow?? help

ok so I have recently acquires a 2000 concorde from my passing grandmother. it has been sitting for just over a year and I have only been driving the last month or so. so today I go to make sure all the fluids are good and theres a heavy foam in the overflow jug. now I know this is usually caused by a blown headgasket and the oil and coolant being mixed together... however the oil is still decent. now I have seen it blown before in other cars and not mix in the oil pan but did mix in the overflow, however when I went to pull the resevior out I noticed theres a big hose hooked up to what seems to be the PCV hoses. so now im thinking it may be some type of oil vapor blowing past a broken PCV valve.... if anyone can shed some light on what exactly that hose is that clips on to the side of the coolant resevior I would very much so appreciate it! thanks in advance. by the way if u need pics I can supply those, its not in the Haynes manual or anything and cant seem to find any info in this part.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:07 PM

Hmm...what color is the foam? Shouldn't have a PCV hooked to an overflow canister (assuming you're referring to a radiator overflow). PCV should go to your airbox/intake. And pics always help.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:29 AM

2.7 or 3.2 ?
PCV "heater" is plumbed into the cooling system bypass loop. This warms the PCV to minimize moisture build up in the PCV hoses and valve. It is one of the first things to warm up after the engine is started.
Rare for either engine to have head gasket issues.
2.7 prone to water pump issues that cause coolant in the oil. (Chain driven)
3.2 uses a timing belt (interference engine) and water pump is external so no coolant in the oil. Service interval 105k/84 months (7yrs)
Chrysler uses HOAT (not Green) coolant in these engines (5 yr/100k service interval)
Chance the coolant is just old/overdue for flush/change or mixed?
Suggest a drain / rinse/ refill of system. Use ONLY HOAT antifreeze and distilled water (or buy pre mixed). May not be stocked at all parts stores. NAPA usually has it Zerex ZRX ZXG051 or pre mix ZRX ZXG05RU1
While you are at it test or replace radiator cap. Pressure will keep coolant from foaming also.