300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

'95 Concorde (Temperature Display)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Default '95 Concorde (Temperature Display)

My temperature display shuts off and the heat automatically starts blowing on maximum. Has anyone heard of this problem before, if so is it easy to fix.
I don’t think I can go through another hot summer like this again

Old 03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Default RE: '95 Concorde (Temperature Display)

LOL, I know what you mean. I had that happen in my concorde. I am assuming you have the ATC. It is simple, costs a bit and takes a bit of time. The first thing you have to do is locate a new display unit and control board. It has been my experience that when one of these goes bad, it is best to replace both, as one could be shorting out the other as well. I replaced both. I went to my local yard and got the two parts, while looking at my parts for part numbers. I took them out of an eagle vision that had the ATC. Doesn't matter which model, just make sure it is the same generation. Make sure youi get a warranty on them, I got a two year warranty on mine. Next, disconnect the negative battery cable and wait a few minutes. You will be kind of close to the airbag module, so better safe than sorry. Next, you will need to remove the center bezel around the clock and climate control head. After this, replace the head unit and reassemble install the trim. Now, the hard part. Put the passenger seat all the way back. On the floor you need to remove the air duct, held in with pressure tabs. Pull out the circular thing and it will loosen the wings, then it will pull off with a little maneurvering. Next, reach up, locate the board, is about 6 inches from the center counsel, moving right. Unplug the two connectors. Then unscrew the board. Put the new board in, make the connections and put the air ducting back on. Then you should be good to go. If you have guestions let me know. I can most certainly answer them for you.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Default RE: '95 Concorde (Temperature Display)

Awesome !!
Let me try this on out this weekend if I can find the parts at a wrecker
I'll keep you posted !!

Thanks again

Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scruff76
My temperature display shuts off and the heat automatically starts blowing on maximum. Has anyone heard of this problem before, if so is it easy to fix.
I don’t think I can go through another hot summer like this again
I find that one simple whack on the passenger side of the center console where the ATC is resets the thing and it works fine! Till the next time it does it!