300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

99 LHS battery/electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Unhappy 99 LHS battery/electrical problems

Hello,

My sister bought a '99 LHS from the dealer used. She has been having electrical issues with it since she got it. The seats, power locks and windows work intermittently. Her air conditioning/heater won't shut off and you cannot change the force/amount of air but the temperature gauge works - heater blows, but no cool air.

She also has a strange problem at night. Several times when I come home late, her headlights and interior lights are flashing off and on, sometimes for hours on end. She has had to replace the battery 6 or 7 times in the last two years. Some of them there was a cell bad and sometimes they were just run dead. It is a Kirkland (Costco) brand battery.

She has had a mechanic look at her car several times, but he says that there is nothing wrong that should cause the battery to die. Says the alternator/starter work fine.

When she went to start it today, battery is completely dead. We couldn't even jump start it with my car (which has a 3mo old battery). You can hear clicking like it is trying to start when cables are hooked up to my car, but if they are off there is no clicking at all.

I think her mechanic is inept, because her car has been towed to his shop 4 times last year, and he still cannot figure out the problem!

If anyone has advice on what I can tell her to have checked that would be great!

Thanks!