300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Need help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Default RE: Need help fast.

I said we've checked the coil pack wires, and we've checked a whole bunch of times, anyway we can, tried to jump all the wires and everything.

the thing is, we dont' have any lighting of the test light and the connector is unplugged, but we have signal when its plugged in and backprobed with a DVOM. We've checked the contiunity and ohmed out each of the wires, and the wires are good, we've taken apart the connector to see how the connection there was, and that was good as well.

when we cranked it and held the plug boot out to see if spark would jump, on one coil we got one spark, one time while cranking. On a few others it sparked once as we stopped cranking, probably just because of an inductuve kick.

we've taken advantate of auto zone's return policy just to check some stuff, like crank sensor and coil packs, those didn't change anything. (we had signal from crank sensor anyway, but we're pissed, so we tried it)

so I guess we're just getting a really weak signal from the control module in the PCM??

Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

did u do anything that i said in the other posts??? The coil will have a signal on either one of the 3 drivers when cranking. No test light how about a spark tester? u can get thoes from an auto parts store to just something that will go inline to the plug and wire.
When starting also see if u get the 12 volt feed at the coil from the asd side. What about the 5 volt supply at the cam and crank yes no??? and the 60 Ohm restance at the same sensors yes no???

Old 03-17-2007, 07:49 PM

I don't want to sound rude, or unnappreciative of the help you are giving me as you are the only one, I don't want this to sound belligerent becuase its not meant to be and is simply just a question. But did you read anything I said?

we've got the 12 volts at the coil.

the DVOM says we have signal at the coils when cranking.

We've got the 5 volt reference at cam and crank, we've got everything at the sensors. we've jumped the wires from the pcm straight to the sensors, and ohmed out those wires too, they are all okay.

and we tried checking spark old school ways, pulled boot and held it close to the coil electrode, and also, with a screw driver in the plug boot, we can still get a spark checker and do it again.

thanks again.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

so u have all that u do or not get spark when u do it the old school way??? if u get spark and still wont run something else has to be wrong u are getting fuel pressure?? what about air into the intake good? OH ps did u check the 60Ohm restance on the sensor ground ckt do u have it when the key is on and turn the key off it goes away?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:52 PM

The car is not at my house so I dind't check the ground circuit yet. So that'll be the last thing.

We didn't have any spark at all.

We have fuel pressure, fuel in the rails, and fuel pump kicks on.

What it seems is happening is that the ignition control module might have a short and feeding signal to each wire constalty, and not giving each wire enough to jump the coil and let it spark. And since the control module is up-integrated into the PCM, that would result in replacing the PCM.

I'll let you know when we check the ground circuit.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

u still did not check the ign coil drivers that right there will tell u if the pcm is ne good the pic attached will tell u what i am talking about good that u have power to coil thats all fine and dandy look at the drivers that would be pulsing ground back to the pcm. The asd relay supply power and the pcm will supply ground based on what coil it wants to fire. WIth the coil unpluged or back prob it turn it over if u have a test light hook it up to + and watch the light pulse on the drivers. No test light use the volt meter
hook the + to the coil then the - to the - batt fire it up if u dont get any change voltage then yes u have a bad pcm. Oh yeah one other factor does this thing have an alarm system? if the pcm sees that it has been broken into it will either turn off fuel, spark, or starter functions. For **** and giggles to the the driver side door and lock and unlock do the same with the pass door. Try then if no change then resume with coil diog.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

geee keep forgetting to upload the pics

[IMG]local://upfiles/1033/9DB0932A8D014384A5414EDCB26A8EA5.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

u still did not check the ign coil drivers that right there will tell u if the pcm is ne good the pic attached will tell u what i am talking about good that u have power to coil thats all fine and dandy look at the drivers that would be pulsing ground back to the pcm. The asd relay supply power and the pcm will supply ground based on what coil it wants to fire. WIth the coil unpluged or back prob it turn it over if u have a test light hook it up to + and watch the light pulse on the drivers. No test light use the volt meter
hook the + to the coil then the - to the - batt fire it up if u dont get any change voltage then yes u have a bad pcm. Oh yeah one other factor does this thing have an alarm system? if the pcm sees that it has been broken into it will either turn off fuel, spark, or starter functions. For **** and giggles to the the driver side door and lock and unlock do the same with the pass door. Try then if no change then resume with coil diog.
we already back probed the driver wires at the coil. They aren't pulsing voltage with the voltmeter. I'll try it with the test light back probed.

not sure about the alarm system, it does have keyless entry. We'll try the key thing...if it is just that after all that I'd be beside myelf, ha ha.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

if all said and done then a pcm is needed a new one not a junk yard one

Old 03-18-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

if all said and done then a pcm is needed a new one not a junk yard one
well, i'll let you know tomorrow what the ground circuit resitance is.

Now, we have voltage at the coil from the driver wires, but it constant on all of them.

Quick Reply: Need help fast.