300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Need help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need help fast.

u should not have power on them u should have ground on them when starting up turn the key off and see if u still have power on the driver ckts see what i mean in the attached pic above??? the asd supplys power and the pcm does the gound. SO the pcm will ground which ever driver it wants there should not be ne power on the driver ckts.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:52 PM

tried the lock/unlock procedure, didn't work.

checked resistance of the ground circuit, koeo is right around 60Ohms like you said, key off its less than 500milliohms.

when the coil wires are back probed and the connector plugged in, the test light stayed on and constant at the coil wires, no blinks at all.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

did u have the test light on + or -? if u are checking for power u want the light to be on - if u are checking for gound u want it to be on + which u want to have the lead on + because the pcm makes ground

Old 03-20-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: CHRYSLER TECH

did u have the test light on + or -? if u are checking for power u want the light to be on - if u are checking for gound u want it to be on + which u want to have the lead on + because the pcm makes ground
hmm, you have me confused on this one.

I didn't know test lights had a positive or ground side, unless you mean the probe side and the ground lead...

do you want us to hook the ground lead to our back probe pin and then the postive probe to a ground??

Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

if u want to check for power u hook the clip thats what we will call the other end of the probe.
To check for power with the test light u hook the clip end to a ground source or - battery terminal.
To check for ground u hook the clip end to + battery terminal and then the prob to a ground source or in this matter the coil drivers will be the ground source when u try and start the car.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM

oooh, gotcha. I'll try that this evening.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:08 PM

okay, we tried it that other way.

we had someone telling us we could have a short, and I believe we do. The light is on even with the ASD pulled and no cranking and stays on when cranking. Light is on when the crank sensor is pulled, but goes off when cranking with crank sensor pulled.

hooked up to ground, light stays on when cranking with crank sensor pulled. goes when cranking with ASD pulled.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

send me an email with a yahoo,msn,aol so i can talk to u directly

Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 PM

we tried the other PCM. with the coil pack connector unplugged, no light with test light. no light cranking. We have light when plugged in.

I don't know if this matters, but when we push the test light against some of the pcm wire connectors, the light goes on, is that okay?

Matt

Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 AM

well, I think its time to just go ahead and replace the PCM. I finally get why you test the connector with itunplugged to look for short to ground...duh. and since we dont, that checks like all those wires in the circuit. we've got signal and power where we should. Its gotta be the ICM in the PCM.

Quick Reply: Need help fast.