300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

New Yorker 3.5L, Cooling Circle Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Default New Yorker 3.5L, Cooling Circle Question

Hi All

I have read already the entry about the boiling radiator overflow above.

I think I have a different problem with my '95 New Yorker; which I still like a lot.

When driving a short distance like 2 to 3 miles I noticed a coolant dripping on the passenger side. First of all I thought it was the water outlet on the radiator, which it is not. Rather the coolant comes out of the overflow of the reservoir water tank.

This only happens when I go that short distance and turn the engine off. It doesn't happen all of the times and never really before a few days ago. The engine does not overheat, the hoses seems to be intact to me. The radiator and a/c units are clean. The climate is very warm but not hot at the moment around 90 degrees.

The time before last I lost about half a gallon of fluid. Today only a small amount. But I can not say that the water in the reservoir has boiled, it looked normal and the filling with fluid is on a normal level. I just don't know how to check a waterflow since the radiator has not an opening like in older model cars. The fans are working both. The belts turn all and are ok. Previously, several years back I had the waterpump replaced and never had a problem with that ever since. Back when the waterpump died the car overheated in an instant, but now as already said the gauge shows a normal temperature level (about 1/4).

I would appreciate it if somebody has a tip for me what is happening with the car lately. Because it is a scary thought being stuck all in a sudden somewhere.

Sincerely

Alguien

Old 06-30-2009, 09:46 PM

I am having a simmilar problem with my 96 New Yorker with the 3.5 V6. I just replaced the radiator and the coolant keeps on overflowing out of the coolant resivoir. I have tried to bleed it, paid a mechanic to bleed it and it still overflows. My gage reads ok though.

Chuck

Old 07-01-2009, 10:27 AM

Anybody???