Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

MyGIG Lockpick V2 Camera issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Default MyGIG Lockpick V2 Camera issues

Good afternoon everyone...

I am new here in this forum and already tried the search function but no thread seems to match to my problem with the installation of a RHW MyGIG in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the help of a Lockpick V.2 Adapter. I received the lowspeed RHW and the Lockpick in 2011, basically everything works fine.

Yesterday I tried to wire up the cameras for front and rear viewing but I did not get the stuff working. When shifting to reverse the Rear Cam Power Output from the Lockpick should power the cam with 12VDC, but nothing happens. I have checked the wiring and all connectors but everything seems to be fine. Besides that with pressing the UConnect Button for seven seconds or 2 times within two seconds the Lockpick Adapter should enable / disable automatic camera viewing when shifting to reverse or when slowing down below 8mph. None of the features works.

Unfortunately the company where I got the unit from is no longer available (Carperformance) so I tried to contact the guys at Coastaletech. The answer was, that their Lockpicks are only designed for US cars and will not work on EU cars. Thereafter I checked out who is able to deliver lockpicks in Europe, and found Customtronix who was contacted via mail. This company is able to deliver V3 Lockpicks, and told me to join this forum with my problem.

Does anyone know if and how the camera feature can be activated with the setup I have (2005 Jeep GC, lowspeed MyGIG RHW, Lockpick Adapter V2)? If not, does anyone know if this would work with a Lockpick Adapter V3?

Thanks for your help...