Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Anyone using the LockPick on your Aspen?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Default Anyone using the LockPick on your Aspen?

For those who have the Mygig Lockpick installed, how was the installation and overall impressions of the unit? I'm looking to buy one this week and would like to hear some feedback about the Lockpick. I have a RER radio and would like to watch DVDs on the main screen while the vehicle is in motion (for the passenger viewing of course).

Old 08-29-2010, 04:19 PM

It works great and very easy to install. The hardest part was fining the hot wire for the backup camera.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by jcl_cls01
For those who have the Mygig Lockpick installed, how was the installation and overall impressions of the unit? I'm looking to buy one this week and would like to hear some feedback about the Lockpick. I have a RER radio and would like to watch DVDs on the main screen while the vehicle is in motion (for the passenger viewing of course).
I have one and it works very well. I have a back up cam and tapped the VES for an output. I use a relay switched by the reverse light to switch the rear cam input. Best part is you don't have to open your rec nav to install.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by kingair
It works great and very easy to install. The hardest part was fining the hot wire for the backup camera.
Where is the hot wire, how did you do it?
thanks

Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by docdrs
Where is the hot wire, how did you do it?
thanks
You'll need a multimeter (or test light, but I don't recommend them) to test for the Positive (or what you term as "hot wire"). Remove one of your light assemblies. ground you meter by attaching it to some raw metal. Now have someone put the vehicle in reverse and probe the wires at the backup light for 12Volts. You can do it by yourself if you chock the wheels and which the key ro run without stating the vehicle for safety. Connecting a reverse camera this way powers the camera only when the vehicle is put into reverse. If you want to have the ability to view the cameras image at any time you will need to run a fused constant positive power lead from the battery, fusebox or the radio to the camera. HTH