Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Rear VES

Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Default Rear VES

Hello everyone. I have a 2008 Town and Country with the VES system and recently my rear monitor stopped working. When I play a DVD, I can hear it play on the system and if I am stopped, I can watch it on the front screen but the rear fold down screen is totally black. If I go to the VES menu from the main menu on the front panel, the only option is to "Turn VES On". If I press the button to turn the VES on, nothing happens. If I press the Lock button on the lower left corner on the same menu, I get a message warning about how I will lock out the remote but again, nothing really happens if I press it. It worked a couple of weeks ago but now I cannot get it to work at all.

Does anyone have any idea on what the problem is.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Default Same problem

Did you figure it out? Mine is doing the same thing.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM

sounds like you are having same prob as I am, but I have been called an Idiot quite often....

With ours I have tracked it down to the ribbon wire connecting the 2nd row fold down screen to the rest of the unit. Dealer cannot locate supplier for the screens, chrysler customer support is clueless, I even asked a guy who lives in a box behind where I work.... no leads. I am still looking though, because I will not pay 700ish for another unit and another 300 for install instead of a 39 cent wire.

To check mine we removed the unit and noticed the crimps in the ribbon.. we played with it and actually got it to work while tore down but it was too short to reassemble.
if you find something lemme know too PLEASE gl

Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Unhappy 2008 T&C rear VES issue

We too are having this issue. I intend to call Chrysler to complain and mention the hundreds of other Chrysler/Dodge drivers who have posted on this forum, who are also having this problem. I am sick to my stomach about this. My van has roughly 70,000 miles and in no way been mistreated! It seems to me that this should be a recall. This feature is why we purchased our 2008 T&C. If it's a simple thing like the ribbon connection, why in the world are they quoting $1000 to replace the whole darn screen? Thats just plain ludicrous!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:24 PM

You might want to check with a computer supply/repair place. Ribbon cables are used a lot in lcd screens and such and as long as it is approximately the right length and has the same number of wires running through it the replacement should work. I don't know how many items I have taken apart that use these really flat plastic coated ribbon cables so you would think it would be easy to find.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 PM

OK, did some bouncing around and this is a problem for some of owners of this VES Unit. I did find someone online that said their cable had "Fujikura 20706 awm" written on their cable. Ebay lists a lot of these in different configurations, you may just have to find one with the right number of connections from there.
awm 20706 | eBay

Hope this helps a little.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 AM

Its wonderful..really your thread is really very good and I appreciate it. You gave so nice info which is very well and amazing. I really impressed by your thread.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 PM

What benefit is there to having wider tires on my SUV?
My old tires, that were on the SUV when I bought it, were worn out. So I got a new set of tires, but didn't really check out the width. Now, my SUV seems to sit lower than it did with my old tires. Is there a benefit to having wider tires? Or is it better to have tires that are less wide?

Old 11-05-2012, 03:30 AM

You gave so nice info which is very well and amazing.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:11 PM

The only source for the correct length cables is Minivan Source in Orlando or their listings on eBay. Check out their video on YouTube also, just search "VES Repair"