Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

08 t&c rear ves system

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Exclamation 08 t&c rear ves system

I am not sure if we just don't get how to use this system or if it is not working.

We just bought a used 08 t&c touring with dual rear dvd screens. We can't figure out how to get those to work. The 1st one won't even turn on. The 3rd row comes on but shows a split screen. We put a dvd in the lower dvd player up front but NOTHING happens in the back. If we put one in the navigation system, it will begin to play up front while in park but it won't play in the back. The books show to make selections on the navigational screen but they are ghosted out.

Anyone have a similar system they can help me with?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 PM

According to the expert (my son), you have to use the remote control and choose the input settings for each screen.
Your van should come with two sets of wireless headphones and the remote control.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks for your help. Maybe our biggest problem is the remote. We haven't been able to get anything to work with it just yet. Honestly, our lower dvd player we are not sure even works. It has all been a real challenge to deal with. The books don't explain things well enough! I think we are going to go to the Chrysler dealership and ask them about it.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Default Dealer told me what's up with this problem!

What you most likely have is a bad DVD player and a bad Entertainment Control Module. The DVD player is easy enough to find on eBay, but I haven't been able to find any info on the ECM. The dealer told me that part is in the headliner with the DVD screens. The DVD player is in the dash. The dealer told me that the parts would cost about $1500 and 3 hours for labor so about $1800 when you figure labor and tax...which I think is ridiculous!

This is the exact same thing that happened to my VES system. It is not a result of the kids playing with your remote. I am going to start with replacing the DVD Player and see how that goes. This link tells you how to remove the DVD Player...

95-6511.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Good luck with your repair! I'll post the results of my DVD replacement and see if it fixed the problem.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 AM

Ok...I went to the dealer...I have a warranty...I noticed a new problem...the car was having a starting issue. When I turned the key the starter would just click. After turning the key about 20 times the car would start. I tested the battery, it was fine. Turns out the dealer says that the problem was the Total Power Control Module, which powers everything including the VES. So it was $500 to replace and the dealer paid the bill. However the VES problem continues!

What I did figure out is that the front DVD screen controls not only the VES system, but also the rear DVD too! I think I have isolated the problem. When I flip down the front DVD screen it turns the VES system on...when I close the screen, it turns the VES system off! The front screen has some sort of limiter switch that when the screen is opened it is supposed to come on. This switch is acting flaky, probably from being opened and closed so many times. Right now my wife has the van on retreat for the weekend, so when she gets back I will open it up and check it out.

Just a note though...don't by just any DVD screen on ebay that is for VES, because the front and rear screen apparently ARE NOT interchangeable. Get the part number on the front screen because it has some additional control items in it that the rear one does not. I actually might try switching the front and rear screens (we mostly use the middle one) to see if that makes a difference...More to come later.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:20 PM

The all screen gets power from the front screen... usually the cables go bad from open and closing the unit. Just had my front one replaced through car max warranty and the back one works again...