Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

Sudden Acceleration / Stuck Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

what kinda car do you have?

Old 12-16-2015, 08:30 PM

2008 chrysler sebring

Old 12-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

and you clam that u get sudden acell out of no where?

Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 PM

Yes, the RPM's jumped up for no reason. My foot was no where near the gas pedal.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

what were you doing at the time?

Old 12-19-2015, 04:21 PM

This has happened several times to me and once to my husband. With him we were sitting at a red light and stopped, the RPM's jumped up and the car surged forward but he mashed on the brakes and we stopped just short of the car in front of us. The first time with me was similar, the second time I had stopped and put the car in park my foot was on the brake and I was reaching for the keys to shut it off and the RPM's jumped up to 3500 and then came down. The very next day I pulled into our extra driveway to turn around and shifted into reverse and just as I lifted my foot off the pedal the car raced backward and the RPM's jumped up to about 3500. No, my floor mat is nowhere near the gas pedal, and no my foot was not either.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Unhappy I completely just had this happen

Originally Posted by imimpulsive
I've heard from a few more people about unwanted and unexpected acceleration with Dodge RAM 1500 but Chrysler continues to blame drivers or floor mats, and refuse to take this seriously. I'm looking for others, who like me, absolutely know there's a problem based on personal experience.

Here's my story and contact info: I'm impulsive: Stuck throttle / sudden acceleration that almost killed me (WOT)

It's only a matter of time before people get killed.

So here I was on interstate 16 heading into Savannah here in Georgia. I was going 73 was trying to keep up with traffic so I lightly hit the accelerator and all of a sudden the pedal completely snatched itself all the way to the floor and I looked at the speedometer and I’m now going 105 and the accelerator is stuck and won’t budge. I start shaking and start to panic, I could smell something like a burning smell so I threw the car in neutral, and started jiggling and wiggling it with my foot and all of a sudden it let loose and popped back up. I immediately pulled to the side of the road and start balling my eyes out. I just turned 39 a few days ago and I completely just seen my life flash before my eyes. I almost slammed someone in the rear end when this happened and considering this is my first time ever having something like this happen it completely scared the every living hell out of me. I’m not sure what was going on but I believe my 2008 chrysler 300 touring just tried to kill me. What do I do, what happened and why? Anyone have any idea what could have caused this? If so please shed some light because at this point I’m willing to pay a crack head to go and dispose of that thing, I’m not about to be driving a possessed car with it trying to do something like this. And to think I actually baby that car and keep it in too too shape and have spent a lot of money to fix little minor issues it had when I bought it.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:12 PM

You should believe it because when this just happened to me, the brakes wouldn’t do anything at all. My accelerator was stuck to the floor where it snatched itself and it would not let go at all. When I hit the brakes it was almost as if the engine started laughing and you could smell the brakes burning. I had to throw car in neutral on the interstate because the car just kept accelerating I went from 73 mph to 105 and before like it was nothing and before I could get the pedal I stuck by wiggling and jiggling it with my foot while it was in neutral speedometer stated I was already at 125 brakes were doing anything

Old 12-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

And you have a 08 300 with what engine in it?

Old 12-11-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
And you have a 08 300 with what engine in it?

i have the 3.6 liter v6

Quick Reply: Sudden Acceleration / Stuck Throttle