Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

04 Sebring sedan Power Distribution Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Post 04 Sebring sedan Power Distribution Problems

Power Distribution (seemingly) Issues.
Power windows and heater blower do not work, there is no power at the fuse panel for these circuits. When I first started taking notes of all the non functioning units, they included the horn, the radio, turn signals and wipers.
Somehow in checking fuses, these mentioned last came back to life.

I did some reading on forums and found a new term for me BCM or body control module. Not familiar with it, but it sounds like it has circuitry which might control many of these items above that were and/or are not working.

Can the BCM be eliminated as a cause of the above failures with a meter and scan tool (DBII) and some experience with computerized vehicles, or is it necessary to take to dealer?

Would a diagram even help me if I could find one?
Any help fixing these issues in lovely daughters car would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:29 PM

I would aim at Ignition switch First........

All the items you specified require an ignition feed to operate. And they all have the same "TAP" in common.

Check the simple , before the Sublime......Its still way too early to be barking at a bcm.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Thank You DjinT! Makes great sense as the IG was bound and a locksmith replaced (at least the cylindar) but I was not there, At least some of the problems preceeded the replacement. What is a "TAP" and as so many circuits were affected, Is it right to assume this is also a chip in the IG switch asm? sounds like a lot of circuitry to be switching mechanically. Is replacing this something that would be covered in Auto Store type fixit manuals?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Djinn-n-Tonic has been there before, Thanks again, the new ig switch has resolved the issue.
WARNING! Anyone trying this without experience??? Watch out for
FLYING SPRINGS! kinda hard to find where they were if you didn't see them first. There are only 3, but 2 are deadly.