Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

07 sebring dash instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Default 07 sebring dash instrument cluster

Hey guys,
I recently bought a 2007 sebring with a dash cluster issue. When I pulled the cluster out the wires in the back were extremely tough to get out. turns out the clips were broken but I had to use one of the wires as a grip to pull it out (trust me I know this was a bad idea). after the cluster came out it turns out the original owner was trying to hide something , maybe a check engine light or something and pulled out the guts for that side. So I put it back together and installed it back in there. Rookie move on my part but I forgot to unhook the negative battery cable and i'm afraid I blew a fuse of sort.
here is what it is doing and not doing

- starts and runs great, it wouldn't go into gear though it acted like I wasn't pushing the brake. I had a shop look at it, they had to lube the switch and unstick it which now it goes into gear,starts, and drives fine.

- The keyless entry is unresponsive. The car will not lock or unlock from the keys buttons but it will from the buttons on the armrest of the car.

- the dash flickers on and off and will not steady out.

- headlights and taillights work.

- radio only turns on and off when the power is pushed on the stereo. If I turn the car off and open the doors the radio stays on until I physically push the button to turn off.

I can only think that I might have blown a fuse, or maybe by not unplugging the battery I shorted something out. I've checked the fuses under the hood and their fine. I know its tough to really guess what might be wrong or what to check but if you guys have any idea id really appreciate it. thanks