Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1997 Chrysler sebring problem HELP PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Default RE: 1997 Chrysler sebring problem HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hey, Chris, if your light is on you need to fix problem which is the reason for the light to be on. This light is great help. Why did you change converter?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 PM

I changed the cat because that's what the mechanics said it was and at that point I was taking there word. You got a better idea because i'm up for anything. Also the cat helped my problem a little.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Ok so after I changed my converter my car ran good I drove it for a about 200+ miles but just recently I drove it for about a 50 mile one way trip to see my girlfriend when my car started to stall like it used to. I first thought it was my gas becuase I was around a 1/4 of a tank so I put some gas it to it to put me up over a 1/2 but my car still did it on the ride home. Is there anyway that this could be like sugar or something in my gas? Also my car if you need to know what it's doing. After my car gets warm it seems to have a jump in the RPM gauge and after a few seconds maybe minutes my car will get like a mis in it. I have notice my car idles a little high now could my idle have anything to do with it? Anyone please this is driving me up a wall.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Ok also today I noticed that it's been a little rough to start.... And after I got it to start today I put it in reverse to back out of my drive way when It acted like it was going to die. It almost stalled out two or three times in reverse does this make any sense to anyone I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with my idle but I don't have a clue really. I'm going to change my oil and change my oil sending sesor/unit what ever you want to call it I don't think it will help but I don't have a reason not to change it yet. So again any help would be nice

Old 04-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

u know u are so far off base on your real prob that u are running around trying to catch your tail.
U replace what ever some one says with out even understanding what or why they want u to replace it. Nothing done thus far has even changed what u want fixed correct?? a temp fix is not a fix its only a patch untill it comes to the for front again. What problem would u like ot take care of anyway?? Stick to that issue first and nothing else then worry about the other stuff.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:07 PM

I want to take care of the problem that started this all and that's the stalling that I get.... But my car never stumbeled in reverse before so dont you think the stumbeling at higher speeds might have a little to do with the stumbling in reverse? I don't care at this point but I would like to get this taken care off because it's getting really stupid. So Please any help would be great. O yeah I'm not a mechanic so when one tells me that my problem is something i'm going to change it and hope there right which in this case they haven't been yet.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 PM

No one has any Ideas please I would really like to get this car fixed so I have something to drive.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

perform a compression test and tell me what the readings are tell me what the fuel pressure is at the rail.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM

I don't know how to do that. I'm sorry should I take it to a mechanic or is it something I can do myself.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

get that stuff done and go from there what ever u haft to do or have some one do

Quick Reply: 1997 Chrysler sebring problem HELP PLEASE!!!!