Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2000 Sebring LXi Coupe

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Default 2000 Sebring LXi Coupe

I have the 2000 Sebring Coupe, my heater stopped working, my rear defroster stopped working & cig lighter stopped working. Changed the heater fuse..FIXED... NOPE!! it would work for a few days and the fuse would pop again, change it, work a few days and stop again.. We changed it like 5 times, then finally it stopped all together and now will not work with new fuse at all. some one said to change the resitor for the blower, which I have on order with the dealership, but the guy said that since the other stuff is not working it is going to be another problem!! anyone have any ideas what it could be and where to start looking..

I was thinking the box under the hood but I am not for certain what or which it would be for those 3 components.

Can someone help!! PLEASE

Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM

There should be a legend on the underside of the fuse box cover stating what each fuse/relay is for. That might help. Does that car have an inside fuse box in addition to the one under the hood? Check there too.
Sebring Coupes were built by Mitsubishi. I think the model is the Eclipse. Stuff like wiring is basically the same. Check Mitsubishi forums like this one, and Dodge forums too. The Dodge model is the Stratus coupe.
If you have an owners manual, check in there for a guide to the fuses.
The next problem is figuring out why the fuses are blowing. That will take some digging. Could be anything, like old collision damage, or a mouse chewing on the wires.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
There should be a legend on the underside of the fuse box cover stating what each fuse/relay is for. That might help. Does that car have an inside fuse box in addition to the one under the hood? Check there too.
Sebring Coupes were built by Mitsubishi. I think the model is the Eclipse. Stuff like wiring is basically the same. Check Mitsubishi forums like this one, and Dodge forums too. The Dodge model is the Stratus coupe.
If you have an owners manual, check in there for a guide to the fuses.
The next problem is figuring out why the fuses are blowing. That will take some digging. Could be anything, like old collision damage, or a mouse chewing on the wires.

The fuse we keep replacing is the heater fuse.. but under the hood there is nothing that says that. The owner manual does not say anything about it.. I dont know we are buying a new car anyway but when it rains the windows fog up and I have to ride with windows down half way and here in Detroit.. it is still cold.. lol
thanks for the help and I will check those other places.