Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2001 sebring 2.7 liter engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

why dont u just tel me what main plug U are talking about there is no such thing as a main plug in the wire harness

did u haft to use the wire harness that came with your engine or the one that came with the new engine? what was different? what all did u swap over details man details.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 PM

i just haft to replace the wire harness with my old wire harness which was mounted by factory ... as you see in picture ; i really dont know the name of plug , it was different than my original wire harness's main plug, when the used engine arrived to mechanic shop. The old engine was working without engine light . But the camshaft sensor does not work well ,even i replaced it ... (im an international student thats why i can not write details )

Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

there is no need to replace the wire harness if the engine U have and got are the same
if U dont know how to enplane it to where any one can understand sorry cant help and BTW your pic wont show up I am not making an account on file freak to view it.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 AM

I just finished an exchange. I put a 2004 engine in a 2001 Sebring Conv. Runs very well. There are many things that need to be together to make this work. The controller 01 is the mentor and the controller 04 has the UCS. Therefore, work.I bought a motor with 16,000 miles on it. I read all these things about these engines of 2.7. I'm using Castro 5W 30 with a box shape half of the sea for the detergent to keep it clean. I will change 2,500 miles. I hope this will be fine. I bought the motor with low mileage if it was clear from the beginning.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Default İ took new picture that u can eaisly realize

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/1003676.jpg/
http://img839.imageshack.us/i/1003677.jpg/
http://img692.imageshack.us/i/1003678z.jpg/

When i bought an used engine that part was different so i can not plug in to the this unit therefore i completely replaced with my old wire harness for engine .... after that i plug in there ....

Old 12-31-2010, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

main plug my butt it is the connections to the PCM
ok lets back track now that I know what the prob is the car wont start right?
what was changed when u got the engine?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:09 PM

Who has got the heart to tell him the motor has to come back out??

the plugs in the picture are for an NGC stlyle controller, while the computer your showing is an SBEC.....

The difference will be the positioning of the slots in the flywheel......

You may change wiring until the COWS COME HOME...It wont run configured like that.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 AM

Ha, yeah. You have a tone wheel issue in the cam and flexplate. Start over. You need to use the old ones with the old computer.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Default ...

thank u guys for reply ; im gonna show you which part i changed in used engine which we replaced ; http://img832.imageshack.us/i/1003843q.jpg/
http://img440.imageshack.us/i/1003844w.jpg/

Than we replaced it cuz mechanic told me ; "that part can also be available replacing . it doent effect your engine to start" .

Eventually i replaced my used engine with my old wire harness and with my old "this part" i really dont know what it is ... (in picture) (this part had came with used engine which is on picture).

And than we recharge to battary and than started to car . but engine light turned on . And than thay checked it ; 3 different code appeared . 1- camshaft sensor 2- crankshaft sensor 3-oxygen sesor .. i changed all of them with bosch brand. but all the same code still in computer. my car is in safe mode i know that. but why that sensors still seem like this, even i replaced them? someone told me ; if u replaced your engine , u have to check your wire harness ; maybe u have a problem ; but all the sensors are in different place on engine ; how all cable could damage when we replaced it ? please help me ...

Old 01-06-2011, 06:42 PM

The SBEC controller which ran the new engine, and The NGC controller that you have in your car are tottally different......

You need to replace the flywheel with the one from YOUR ORIGINAL ENGINE , for this to work...

The "TRIGGER" slots for the crankshaft sensor are in different places on the flywheel, and Your NGC controller does not recognize them.....

The pictrure is an Intake Plenum.....

Unfortunately, the motor must be removed again.....

If your mechanic is familiar with using an oscilloscope, have him scope the cam and crank patterns simultaneously....It will all make sense after seeing the patterns.

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 01-06-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 sebring 2.7 liter engine problems