Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2004 Sebring Conv. Transmission hiccups....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Default 2004 Sebring Conv. Transmission hiccups....

Hello all, After searching the forums here I was unable to find a thread that might help me with my situation to no avail.

So here is the story.... Our 2004 Sebring convert 2.7 just rolled 100k miles a couple months ago. It runs and drives just fine until it warms up after 10 miles or so. At this point the transmission hiccups or bucks under load once or twice every minute or so with the cruise set at 60. Also does this when stopped at a light or even in park after it warms up. There are no engine/trans codes....

Here is what I have done so far.

Replaced the transmission shift solenoid pack on the front of the trans with new.
Replaced both input and output speed sensors.
100% trans fluid replacement and new trans filter installed.
Checked all connectors for water/debris and put dielectric grease on all transmission connectors.

I feel like I have done everything I could do aside from replacing the trans computer. My next step will be to find a low miles yard transmission to replace this one. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-21-2016, 10:44 PM

You've done everything right so far, in terms of replacing all the inexpensive stuff first before doing anything drastic. Now, before giving up on this trans, you might want to consider taking it to a transmission shop for some sophisticated diagnostics and/or some expert opinion from a pro. Bad shifts can often produce a diagnostic code. Not all code readers can drill down far enough to find transmission error codes. A good transmission shop can pull up anything that is in there and can also hook up hydraulic equipment to see if there are weird things going on in there hydraulically. Because of the time and equipment involved, they will probably charge you a pretty hefty fee for the diagnosis, but that still could save you some money and lots of hard work in the long run. At least you'll have a better picture of what the problem is and can make an informed decision on what to do next.