Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2007 Sebring Flashing/Solid Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 09:45 PM
Default 2007 Sebring Flashing/Solid Check Engine Light

My 2007 sebring seems to have some kind of undiagnosable check engine light.

usually I値l drive a little bit, and eventually I値l hear a little bit of a drop and the check engine light comes on, then begins to flash, then goes back to solid, then flashes again.

I took it to the shop and got an oil change, replaced the camshaft position sensor, replaced the spark plugs, and cleaned the throttle body.

After doing all this, my mechanic said I should be good to go. I drove away and within a mile the same thing started happening again. When I brought it back, the mechanic said the fuel was too low for the additive to blend correctly. He apologized and test drove it a bunch and told me it was good to go again.

I drove home (10 minutes) without the light coming on. The next day (today) I went to drive to a buddy痴 house, and within a minute of driving, it started happening again.

I haven稚 gotten stuck yet, and I致e been able to get it to the shop every time so far. I知 just wondering what the heck this could be.

Old 09-12-2022, 09:11 AM

There is no such thing as an undiagnosable check engine light. There are dtc's (diagnostic trouble codes) set (active and stored) that aide in determining the issue(s). If you would post the codes here we may be able to assist. I would get a second opinion from a different mechanic though.

A flashing CEL is a bad thing and it is not recommended that the vehicle be driven. You are risking significant damage ($$$) driving it.

As a note, chryslers like OEM sensors. I have had auto parts store sensors fail out of the box.

Last edited by ggoose; 09-12-2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2022, 04:45 PM
Default Update

So I got the vehicle back from the shop today. I was told they used an aftermarket part the first time they changed the crank position sensor.

they put an OEM crank position sensor in and test drove it around a little bit and told me I should be good to go.

the codes they were thrown when I dropped it off the most recent time (CEL was intermittently flashing/solid) were P0300 and P0309

hopefully going with an original crank position sensor part rather than the aftermarket they tried at first does the trick, but I知 just wondering if these codes and prior symptoms make any of you think something else may be going on/arise

thanks!