Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Chrysler Sebring not starting

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Before you decide to replace the engine, decide whether there is some reason for keeping the car at all. What will it be worth after you replace the engine? If it will not be worth considerably more than he cost of replacing the engine, then don't waste your money. Eight-year-old Sebrings with over 200,000 miles on them aren't worth much.
<br /><br />The person whose car it is says she's hesitant to spend cash on another car or get a car note. I took her to two car lots I know, and they both told her the same thing. They would sell her a car, but they'd be trying to buy her car, put engine in, then sell it for way more than they bought from her. They feel it's salvageable. Plus. Her parents helped her buy car. They seem resistant to helping her sell, trade, or get scrap money for car.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:07 PM

Well, a brand new engine would cost thousands. A rebuilt engine would also cost thousands, but less than a new one. A junkyard engine would be much less, but you won't know if it works until after you have spent over a thousand installing it. Engine replacement is not cheap or easy. A broken car doesn't care if you have the money to fix it or not.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:44 PM

A VIN code of "B" indicates a 2.4L engine. The good news is that they don't have quite as many problems as the 2.7L engines. The bad news is that there were a few different versions so you have to find one that matches exactly what you have in your car. I agree with dcotter that buying a new or rebuilt engine does not make sense. You may be able to find a good used engine for a reasonable price but you will still have to pay to have it installed which will most likely be more than the car is worth. Unless she has some emotional attachment to it she's better off putting that money toward another car.

John

Old 08-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by jopizz
A VIN code of "B" indicates a 2.4L engine. The good news is that they don't have quite as many problems as the 2.7L engines. The bad news is that there were a few different versions so you have to find one that matches exactly what you have in your car. I agree with dcotter that buying a new or rebuilt engine does not make sense. You may be able to find a good used engine for a reasonable price but you will still have to pay to have it installed which will most likely be more than the car is worth. Unless she has some emotional attachment to it she's better off putting that money toward another car.

John
Yeah she text me the other day asking if she has ed3 or edg model or if sge

Old 08-10-2017, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic98
Yeah she text me the other day asking if she has ed3 or edg model or if sge
i don't know you edit. My post submitted while typing. but I was saying she asked if had edg or ed3 and if had egr valve. I didn't know because didn't do majority of work. I was just there when he initially looked and when he checked her codes. Those 3 I posted were ones she text us before we even looked at it

Old 08-21-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by jopizz

John
Anyone know how to tell the difference between a ed3 and edg engine?