Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

97' Sebring Convertible - No Start/No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Well. To no freaking surprise the replacement of the sensor did nothing! Still no spark.. I want to dump this car in the river! I don't even know what to do next. Anyone know where the ASD relay is? Could this be the problem? How can I be sure votage is going to the distributor? How can I be sure the fuel pump is coming on? I don't hear anything but not sure what I'm listening for. I am so frustrated with this car.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:12 PM

I feel like I'm talking to myself.. But thats ok, hoping someone stumbles across this and tells me the one thing I am missing.

Anyways.. Found the ASD relay in a cluster of 4 behind the PCM. They all looked the same including the starter relay. So, I switched the ASD relay with the starter relay and still no spark, but the starter worked so I know the relay is good.

I need help.. How do I know if the fuel pump is coming on?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 PM

You could run a fuel pressure test using a pressure gauge and the necessary fittings. You could get a rough idea if the fuel pump is working by relieving all the fuel line pressure and then re-connecting the system, turning on the key and listening for the pump to come on for a couple of seconds to build pressure back up. It won't tell you if the pressure is high enough to work properly though. I don't think there is any code for low fuel pressure, so if that's the problem, it won't show up as an OBD reading.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
You could run a fuel pressure test using a pressure gauge and the necessary fittings. You could get a rough idea if the fuel pump is working by relieving all the fuel line pressure and then re-connecting the system, turning on the key and listening for the pump to come on for a couple of seconds to build pressure back up. It won't tell you if the pressure is high enough to work properly though. I don't think there is any code for low fuel pressure, so if that's the problem, it won't show up as an OBD reading.
This wouldn't keep the car from sparking though would it? I mean if something is wrong with the fuel pump?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 PM

If your cam/crank sensors are not in sync you will get no fire. Check your timing belt. Does it sound funny when you crank it over?

Old 11-06-2010, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
If your cam/crank sensors are not in sync you will get no fire. Check your timing belt. Does it sound funny when you crank it over?
Describe funny.. I don't think so.. Just cranks and no fire.. But, that being said, I really don't know.

When you say cam/crank sensors in sync how do I know if they are or aren't and how would I fix that? I honestly didn't think about the timing belt at all.. I'll check that for sure.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:36 PM

You have to read the cam/crank signals sync on a scan tool. Funny as in sounds more like an air compressor than an engine turning over.