Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

98 Sebring Convertible...

Old 08-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Default 98 Sebring Convertible...

Just bought a 98 sebring convertible limited edition w/ 70k on it. Just wondering what I should get done with it right away IE maybe oil change, tune up etc. Also what to look out for in the future and what are the problems with sebring's in general. Thanks

Old 08-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 98 Sebring Convertible...

do you know if any work has been done to it recently or at all?

Old 08-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Change all the fluids. Who knows what the other person or dealer did with it.

-Matt-

Old 09-01-2005, 12:17 AM

I just bought a 98 Tuesday! Mine has a 2.4l 4cyl. What is up with that? You think if they added 2 cyl. they could go more than .1l! I wonder about my timing belt - how long do they go? Mine has 92k+. How long would the plugs and wires last?

Mine is green with tan top. Mostly very basic car with a AM/FM CD added.

Glenn in TN

Old 09-01-2005, 02:04 AM
ace

the big dif in the 4 cyl and 6 cyl is its the jap motor and repairs to it are about double to triple the cost for parts but on the good side they are pretty reliable both engines are actually.
as far as what to do go for the fluids all of them trans flush brake power steering add some fuel cleaner and change the pcv valve air cleaner possible plugs and wires. timing belt i am not sure of the times on those check the owners manuel.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:29 PM

if you haven't already changed your fluids,... check this out... when you add the oil... don't add about 1/3 of a quart, leave it out,... and go to your auto parts store and get a fluid called CDL MAXX..... I think there is a number in there somewhere, but it doesn't matter... put that whole damn bottle in... next, at the same parts store, get a fuel injector cleaner... you car will smoke like a bitch, but it's worth it... change the plugs and wires, they are supposed to be done annually, if not, then atleast every 2 years... ....... for the guy with the 4 cyl... timing belt is good up to about 75k miles,.... I would get it replaced, especially b/c you have no idea how hard it was run... I got about 125k miles out of mine, and I drove the **** out of that car.... I would get it replaced... it'll be about $150, maybe $200 if they do it for you... just depends... I can walk you through it if you need help.... and the v6 is hella fast... the inline 4 is just cute I have some performance secrets if you want them too...

Old 09-03-2005, 09:03 PM

Me again!!

I had a rear quarter window fall yesterday as I got home from work. Turns out there is a little plastic fixture inside the window mechinism that has cracked. I tried a quick fix with JB Weld to no avail. I am now trying to see if 2 small screws threaded in from the sides will hold. I quick check for this on the other side showed that one cracked and about to come out as well.

This is a very nice piece of engineering. The thing I hate about it is the fact that everything is riveted or pressed together. Trying to get the cabling respooled is tricky too!

Has anyone else had this trouble? A nearby Chrysler service man said this is not a common occurance on the Sebring, but was on the Lebaron. The part that he quoted to fix this was $285 and the labor was $250+ as he did not know what it would take. I really hope the screws hold!

Old 09-11-2005, 01:13 PM

man.. eff the dealers... I do my own work.. ALL of it... get the haynes manual for it... that should help you out.. and those screws should hold for a while... otherwise, buy the new stuff and do it yourself. Dealers never know how long it's going to take, and they'll mess around with you for hours...