Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

A/C going haywire!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Angry A/C going haywire!!

Today it is 95 out. My A/C is acting crazy and has been for some time (2 Years) and has only gotten worse. My A/C starts out great on the morning ride to work and then slowly starts getting warm and then poof out of no where switches to the defroster and then the air is cold coming out of the defroster (fog all over the windshield) then back to the vents and its warm then quick on the feet (cold) then back to the defroster sometimes cold sometimes not. I have an 02 sebring sedan 2.7 V6, this car drives me crazy! One shop says its the lines the next shop says its a control head (these are guesses over the phone) has anyone else had this problem and had it solved? I had a dye test when this first started and the dealer said "no leak, that will be $250.00" Help!!!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

ok the inside of the system is electrical only and it turns on a fan and moves doors to face floor defrost and so on it also changes the temp inside from an electric door. now your outside stuff is freon compressor and pluming they both operate separately one does not haft to work for the other to work meaning if the stuff inside is changing where the air goes and the temp of it that will have nothing to do with anything under the hood. It could be the ac control head the BCM or a wire issue

Old 06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Thumbs up I had the same problem with A/C

I pulled out the mechanism for the controls of the A/C, Heating from the dash. On the back where a white connector plugs into the unit, I found there was pins on the board that had become de-soldered. After re-soldering the pins on the control board my A\C worked fine.