300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Electrical Haywire - 2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Exclamation Electrical Haywire - 2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi - Please Help!

Hello folks. I have a 2001 Chrysler Concorde LXi and I am having issues with it and need to find possible Error codes for the following problems...

1.) The interior dome lights will flicker on and off for a few seconds sporadically either as soon as when I start the car or while I'm driving.

2.) When I switch the radio to 'FM'; the display will flicker momentarily and kick the station back to 'AM' mode.

3.) I have trouble starting the car; I have to turn the key in the ignition many times before it catches and starts.

However NOW; the car wont even start; even when I connect jumper cables to its battery. I simply hear a clicking sound whenever I turn the key in the ignition. It won't start; hence why I can't take the car to a shop or to a parts store to get a computer hooked up to it for an error code readout. I got it hooked up some months ago and I remember it said it's an 'electrical' related problem...but can't remember the exact five-digit code.

Any and all help is appreciated; thank you.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:57 PM

I don't know about your radio and lights but the not starting sounds like a bad connection at the battery. I have a 99 lhs and had the same problem. It melted the battery around the terminal. If it is a fast clicking sound clean your cable connections. The battery in under the air box on the right side behind the head light. Remove the air box to get access. You can clean both terminals by sliding the battery back after you loosen the hold down. The cables have a low quality strap that gets corroded. Make sure you disconnect the ground (negative) cable first, clean both of the cables and terminals, and hook them back up (negative) last.

It that doesn't help bring your battery to a parts store and have them load test it. To remove the battery you need to remove the access panel in the right wheel well (removing the tire while the car is on a jack stand makes it easier).

The jumper cables wont carry enough amperage to start the car without the help of an OK battery with good connections.

Hope this helps