Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Convertible top cables

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Default Convertible top cables

2001 Sebring Convertible

About a year ago my dealer decided that, when I pointed to the weatherstripping at the top of the passenger door and told him that is was no longer tight against the base of the window and allowed water to get into the door, he would ignore me and replace the weatherstripping on the convertible top above the window instead.

Aside from doing the wrong thing incorrectly, he also somehow caused the cable that runs along the edge of the top on the passenger side to no longer be in the correct spot. It seems to be ok over the main window, but it is not correct over the top of the quarter window. It allows the white bottom of the fabric to stick out about an eighth of an inch.

For now, the problem is only cosmetic. But; 1) I do not know if it will get worse, 2) it seems like it should be an easy fix.

Anyone understand what I'm talking about and able to instruct me on how to fix it?

Thanks
MRR

Old 05-15-2009, 08:03 PM

I can't imagine how they screwed that up. The cable runs in a pocket of the top fabric. There's no place for it to go.
You might want to contact these guys to see if they can offer any help:

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/

Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
I can't imagine how they screwed that up.
Given that having my quarter window realigned for the third time caused my oil drain plug to become stripped so much that I had to replace the entire pan, I have SOME idea of how it could happen. At least it forced me to learn how to take apart all the interior of my car and adjust the windows myself.

I'll take a look at the fabric. Some of the stitching is coming out in that area, but not where I believe the cables should be. But maybe another section is worn as well and I can sew it up. Now that I know it's supposed to run in the fabric, I have some idea on how to look for a problem.

Thanks,
MRR