Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Coolant/heating???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:59 PM
Default Coolant/heating???

I just drained and refilled my cooling system because there was water in it and i replaed it with 50/50 antifreeze. At the same time I replaced my pcm because I had a pcm failure code and the cruise control would kick on for no reason. After refilling the cooling system and replacing the pcm now my heat doesn't get warm. Sometime when I turn the car on the air with blow through the dash even though the control is set to defrost. If I turn the control **** back and forth sometimes it goes back to normal and sometimes it doesn't. I checked the lines the connect to the heatercore and they both get hot. I've read things on this forum about recalibrating the climate control system on diffrent vehicles but I don't know if this can be done on my 01' sebring 2.4 dohc.
Can anyone help me diagnose this heating problem? The weather's getting colder and soon I won't be able to defrost or defog my windows. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Matt1118
I just drained and refilled my cooling system because there was water in it and i replaed it with 50/50 antifreeze. At the same time I replaced my pcm because I had a pcm failure code and the cruise control would kick on for no reason. After refilling the cooling system and replacing the pcm now my heat doesn't get warm. Sometime when I turn the car on the air with blow through the dash even though the control is set to defrost. If I turn the control **** back and forth sometimes it goes back to normal and sometimes it doesn't. I checked the lines the connect to the heatercore and they both get hot. I've read things on this forum about recalibrating the climate control system on diffrent vehicles but I don't know if this can be done on my 01' sebring 2.4 dohc.
Can anyone help me diagnose this heating problem? The weather's getting colder and soon I won't be able to defrost or defog my windows. Any help is greatly appreciated.
i found a thread on how to recalibrate the system by turning the vent setting to defrost, the temp all the way to cool, the fan to any one position and then holding the rear defrost button until it chimes. I tried that and it cycled through everything and the odometer codes were.all zeros. Still no heat though!