Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Dash Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Default Dash Cluster

The back light on my dash has stopped working and I found a thread on here with a link to someone fitting a ELD5 inverter card to cure it. I'm thinking about giving it a go but can't find how the cluster comes out.

Does anyone have a link that shows how you remove the dash cluster to start with on a 2007 Sebring?

Thanks

Old 03-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Before you start make sure it's not something simple like a fuse or the controls have been dimmed down all the way

1. Spend a few bucks and get a Haynes or similar manual. It'll be worth every penny and will be very useful for many other things as well. Auto parts stores carry them or buy on line.

2. Spend a few bucks and get some plastic trim tools to help take the dash apart without ruining it. Worth their weight in gold. Seriously.

3. Visit the Mr. Whizard website if you need specific help at any stage. They will answer questions and/or make the repair.

4. Come back and tell us how it went.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:10 PM
THK

The cluster is not that hard to remove. There is a You Tube video that shows the removal of the cluster.

Unless you are super good with micro soldering, I thought I was, I would recommend you send the cluster to one of the two companies to do the mod. I ended up purchasing a new cluster from OEM when my cluster went up in smoke. If you need to, the is a Chrysler parts dealership out of Dallas online that lists the cluster For about $350.00. The bid from some of the local dealerships was over $500. You will have to pay a core deposit that will ensure you return the old cluster. They were real fast about issuing a core refund Take a picture of the odometer so that you have a record of the mileage for reprograming should it ne needed.

OEM will also program the cluster to your VIN and set the odometer for you at no additional charge. This what I had to do.

If you do this yourself.......be very careful. Good luck!

I would highly recommend that you allow them to do the mod.

Last edited by THK; 03-10-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:33 AM

Thanks for that but Ive searched but can't find anyone in the UK who will fix it. I've been quoted £150 for a used cluster from a breakers yard so that's an option too.

I used it the other night and the lights were on again so I'm now thinking it could either be possibly a loose wire. I'm going to remove it hopefully this weekend for a look

Old 03-12-2016, 09:11 AM
THK

Here are a couple of links to two companies that can do the repair:

Speedometer Repair | Instrument Cluster Repair | Odometer Repair | Mr. Whizard

Chrysler Sebring | Dodge Caliber | Dodge Avenger Instrument Cluster Light - Repair

Send these guys a message about costs and turnaround time. Your big expense might be the postage to and from.

The loose wire theory is nice but with the light being intermittent, it is a short matter of time before the cluster stays dark. The only problem with a used cluster, you don't know how much longer the backlighting power source will work plus the cost of havimg the cluster programed to your vehicle. Simply replacing the cluster is not a true plug and play proposition.

Drop these guys a message snd let them do the work. When I attempted mine, the lights worked for a whole 20 seconds and then then the cluster went up in smoke. In retrospect, I should of sent the cluster out for repair.

Good luck!