Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Windscreen spray and headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Default Windscreen spray and headlights.

Hi there,
My name is Neil and I am new to this forum.
I have had my Chrysler Sebring for just over 2 years and is 2.0L petrol 2009.
The main problem I have is no fluid is coming out the sprays for the windscreen. I can hear a noise when I try to activate them but nothing comes out. I have disconnected the rubber tube as it travels up the left of the bonnet in case something was blocking the path but still no water.
So I am thinking either something blocking the water inside the reservoir or the pump is faulty.
I am trying to get access to the reservoir to see if I could find anything, trying to get headlight out to get better access. When following the manuals instructions for replacing headlights I removed the 2 bolts and 2 clips but the headlight still seems to be held in with one more bolt and to get access to remove it looks like I have to remove the bumper. Is this correct? or I am going about this the wrong way?
Help on either of these would be great.
I can take pictures later to help show what I mean.
Thanks
Neil

Old 03-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Not sure about your year but on earlier models, you needed to remove a couple of the push fasteners holding the bumper cover in place. (Lift the center portion of the fastener, then you can pull the entire fastener out. Once you get one out you'll see how it works.) Then you could bend the cover up a little bit which would give you enough clearance to get the light out. It would probably be easier on a warm day than in the middle of winter.
There was also a protrusion on the back of the headlamp that fit into a receptacle in the fender to locate the headlamp properly. You need to pull the headlamp far enough forward to clear that little protrusion. It was only a quarter inch or so.
As I recall it, the installation procedure was not the exact reversal of taking it apart because of the way you had to unplug and re-plug the wires. It's been a few years and I don't recall it exactly, but keep trying.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:10 AM

Before taking it apart remove the hose from the jet and blow down it. Mine was blocked when I bought it and that's all I did. I recon the filter was clogged up with dirt and blowing down it cleared it. I've had it a year now and it's still working fine.

Old 03-14-2016, 04:54 AM

Thanks guys for replying.
I tried blowing back through the hose but did not fix the problem. When I blow the air is coming up thorough the reservoir as you would expect. Unless whatever is blocking it keeps falling back into place and blocking it again after I stop.