Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

few general ?'s about my sebring. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 02:26 AM
Default few general ?'s about my sebring. . .

.i just recently purchased an 05 sebring from a used car dealer the end of oct .it was kinda one of those "as is" type deals anyway (im babling) the car didn't come with the remotes or a spare key, well i found a site that sells the blank keys &nd remotes .so my question is would you guys knw if i orderd this key would chrysler cut it for me? .my other question is my car didn't come with a manual or the trunt tray thing that covers up the spare tire .the trunk is practically useless without it, would anyone know where i could get the tray &nd manual? thanks in advanced

Old 11-09-2009, 02:28 AM

.CORRECTION: trunk* not TRUNT

Old 11-09-2009, 06:34 AM

just use a plywood or check out a scrap yard, don't know where you live in Toronto, there is Standard auto .

Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM

For the trunk carpet, you can always check ebay.

Just about any key-cutting place can make a new key for you if you only want to unlock the doors or get into the trunk. However, if your car has the electronic key-chip safety feature, you will need to go to a dealer to get one that will actually drive your car. Otherwise, your car will stop and become unusable if you try to put it in gear with an incorrect key.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by KYBarrister
For the trunk carpet, you can always check ebay.

Just about any key-cutting place can make a new key for you if you only want to unlock the doors or get into the trunk. However, if your car has the electronic key-chip safety feature, you will need to go to a dealer to get one that will actually drive your car. Otherwise, your car will stop and become unusable if you try to put it in gear with an incorrect key.
.yea it has the chip, i tried getting one made at a walmart &nd they weren't able to do it b/c of that so my next option was to search online for it i found some keys like i semi-mentioned earlier but i think I'll just go to the dealer to be on the safe side .as far as the trunk goes I'll check a scrap yard .any thoughts on the user manual **thanks for helping

Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM

You can download or purchase an owners manual from Chrysler.com. You can also buy them on eBay. Seems like people sell them there rather than leave them in the car. Maybe you'll find your own manual there.
To program a new key yourself, you need two working keys. Absent that, go to the dealer, but be prepared to fork over some big buck$. They'll sock you.
To program a new remote without a working one, try this:
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=9584
If it doesn't work, the dealer can do it. Again, you'll pay.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
You can download or purchase an owners manual from Chrysler.com. You can also buy them on eBay. Seems like people sell them there rather than leave them in the car. Maybe you'll find your own manual there.
To program a new key yourself, you need two working keys. Absent that, go to the dealer, but be prepared to fork over some big buck$. They'll sock you.
To program a new remote without a working one, try this:
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=9584
If it doesn't work, the dealer can do it. Again, you'll pay.
.cool thanks for ur help