Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Hello To Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 AM

Hello
I've got the same car as yours, bought it new two years ago , running great since...
The timing belt ( part no 68001309AA) in the service manual it says that it must be changed 8 years or 120.000km , my dealer though suggested changing it at 7 years or 105.000km.
At four years or 60.000 km you must change the accesory belt ( the one on the alternator- part no 04891804AA)
Fuel filter in the the book says 3 years or 45.000km, I changed it at 2 years and 25.000km - order the MANN WK722/1 wich is the same as the original one (mopar put a logo on top of it after buing it from czech republic and reship it more expensive). To change it you need to remove the tubulature from the air filter 'cause is in the back of the engine with a metal cover on it ( you can read the MANN code on it), you need an allen bolt of 5mm to change it
The engine as you probably know is a vw 2.0 pump duse engine 16 valves dohc with diesel particle filter, engine code BYL (remove the engine cover and you will read the code), it is a more advanced engine than BKP (that has a lot of problems)- use castrol edge 5w30 oil (made for vw/audi vehicules)
I've found original tires (KUMHO ecsta kh11) for around 100 euros a piece, you cannot put different size tires on your existing wheels- i think will need changing after 50.000km

I hope that was helpfull

Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by octav
Hello
I've got the same car as yours, bought it new two years ago , running great since...
The timing belt ( part no 68001309AA) in the service manual it says that it must be changed 8 years or 120.000km , my dealer though suggested changing it at 7 years or 105.000km.
At four years or 60.000 km you must change the accesory belt ( the one on the alternator- part no 04891804AA)
Fuel filter in the the book says 3 years or 45.000km, I changed it at 2 years and 25.000km - order the MANN WK722/1 wich is the same as the original one (mopar put a logo on top of it after buing it from czech republic and reship it more expensive). To change it you need to remove the tubulature from the air filter 'cause is in the back of the engine with a metal cover on it ( you can read the MANN code on it), you need an allen bolt of 5mm to change it
The engine as you probably know is a vw 2.0 pump duse engine 16 valves dohc with diesel particle filter, engine code BYL (remove the engine cover and you will read the code), it is a more advanced engine than BKP (that has a lot of problems)- use castrol edge 5w30 oil (made for vw/audi vehicules)
I've found original tires (KUMHO ecsta kh11) for around 100 euros a piece, you cannot put different size tires on your existing wheels- i think will need changing after 50.000km

I hope that was helpfull
Thank you it was very helpful.

When you say the 'Accesory' belt, is that the Fan belt?

Is your car a 2008 model?

I thought I read somewhere it was taken over by FIAT and it's not VW anymore, but I'm not sure if it was done since 2008 or before.

Where are you based?

The cheapest Tyres I could find were Falken but even those were £125 per Tyre, I have two of them on the front and two Kumho on the rear.

I found a guy on ebay selling Continental Premium Contact (which are retailing everywhere else for £160) for £90, it's on a 'Come and collect' basis and it's a 400 mile round trip but I'm thinking it might be worth it.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:11 PM

You're welcome
The accesory belt is the only one that you can clearly see when you lift the hood
near and parallel to the cooling and windshield liquid cans
Yes, mine is a touring 2008 MY but it was actually built in september 2007 (you can read this on your drivers (mine is left) door
FIAT controls the management team of Chrysler, doesn't own it yet (they only have 25% with an option to increase this share)
Here, in Romania, Chryslers will not be sold anymore (they will be rebadged in the near future as Lancia's) and then they will have a fiat engine
Yours is a vw engine , because Chrysler doesn't build diesel engines in the US
And the gearbox is an AISIN built by Toyota (the same as the one found on Corolla and Avensis)
Until now the service of my car was done at the local Mercedes dealer (they used to own Chrysler) but recenlty i've done it somewhere else (cheaper, and the most important part i could stay near the car the whole time and learned a lot about it), thats why i know the part codes (cause i bought them myself)

Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by octav
You're welcome
The accesory belt is the only one that you can clearly see when you lift the hood
near and parallel to the cooling and windshield liquid cans
Yes, mine is a touring 2008 MY but it was actually built in september 2007 (you can read this on your drivers (mine is left) door
FIAT controls the management team of Chrysler, doesn't own it yet (they only have 25% with an option to increase this share)
Here, in Romania, Chryslers will not be sold anymore (they will be rebadged in the near future as Lancia's) and then they will have a fiat engine
Yours is a vw engine , because Chrysler doesn't build diesel engines in the US
And the gearbox is an AISIN built by Toyota (the same as the one found on Corolla and Avensis)
Until now the service of my car was done at the local Mercedes dealer (they used to own Chrysler) but recenlty i've done it somewhere else (cheaper, and the most important part i could stay near the car the whole time and learned a lot about it), thats why i know the part codes (cause i bought them myself)
Very interesting, thanks again

Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 PM

maybe its too late to reply but sebring diesel vw engine 2007-2010 and my service book says 150,000 km some service pls says same 150,000 km or 10 years.i think its little long time for timingbelt..