Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

I HATE MY CHRYSLER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Default RE: I hate my car

Will the dealership really, run a report on the car? Like a CarFax report type of thing? Also, since I'm in the market for a new car... what's something you'd all suggest...?

Old 12-10-2005, 12:19 AM

UP DATE!!!

I just got my car back on Tuesday of this week. It was at the Transmission shop again... lol.. anywho. What the car was doing, was that it was sticking in default mode, and would only use 2nd and 3rd for all it's shifting, that's why I would be doing 80mph, and hitting 6,000 rpm... ouch!! I really didn't feel like haveing my car explode... although it might have been nice, but I wasn't to sure if it would be something that insurance would have covered... the mechanics replaced the transmission computer, along with the "brain" computer, and also replaced the entire transmission for me... the tranny was/is under warrenty, but the "brain" computer was put in for no additional charge for me, that was cool. So now.. *knock on wood* the car actully runs as good as it did when I first got it off the lot!!! but I'm still selling it... hahaha. The only things now that are of some concern to me are: The passenger side air bag, the cover on the dash is lifting up, and I'm not sure if it does lift off, if it will trigger the air bag to deploy... that would deff suck big booty if that happened... and I don't want to put duqt tape on the dash cause then it would look really ghetto. The other thing is that the back right of the car is making some gnarly masing/clunking sound, I was thinking that it might be the tie rods, or the strut bushings... but the sound only happends when it's cold outside, and I'm turning... go figure... so... yes that's the latest with my ride... Feed back is ALWAYS welcome![sm=chattypair.gif]

Old 12-22-2005, 01:16 PM

Ok, so as all of you know I have a lot of car issues... not just with Chrysler, but with cars in general. For those of you who are new, and are interested...(as if) in any possible engine related problmes you may be facing please see some ove my older threads ie- I HATE MY CHRYSLER, or, 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!
Anywho... This new problem started last night, and I can't get into see any mechanic becaue of the blessed holiday... I was on the freeway, doing about 65mhp, and I needed to pass someone, so I put my blinkie on and proceded to speed up, but... I had then relized that my gas pedel was already to the floor... couldn't be pushed down any futher... I would have had to do the Fred Flinstone to try and go faster. I released off the gas, and tried to jam it down again thinking it would kick into overdrive... nothing. I've never had a problem like this before... the only way that I was able to get some "umph" into my car to pass, was to turn off the over drive botton, and then the RPMs went to 4500...

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME IMPUT AS TO WHAT THE HECK THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE THIS TIME. I hate having to walk into the Chrysler Dealership, and telling them what my cars doing, and them saying... ::Shrug::"uh.. leave it here for a day or two, and we'll call you..." I would just like to be able to tell them about a possible direction to look in... pweese help...

Old 12-23-2005, 03:12 PM

Ah, the transmissions... I'm damn near an expert in trouble shooting these crap traps... sounds to me like your overdrive gear is not engaging... but then again, you didn't get the RPM's up either... You might try manually shifting it up from L, 2, 3, and D to see if that makes a difference... MY 98 topped at about 135MPH before I did a whole lot to it... so you shouldn't be having any top end issues, especially not at 65 MPH... Make sure the engine will revv okay, and try reseting the ECU and give her a whirl... The transmission is probably not engaging... much past a certain gear, or even a sensor not telling it to move... There are several things that could be wrong with this little booger... may not even be making contact with the sun Gear... who knows..

Old 12-24-2005, 11:16 PM

if u buy any car to replace urs, dont buy a chevy. they are junk! buy a new mopar or a toyota

Old 12-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Administrator

I agree, well about the Chevy being crap part and buying a new Mopar. But I don't think anyone should drive those plain ol Toyotas, lol.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:12 PM

toyotas are plain, unless u rice them up, but i drove one for 3 years and they are dependable cars. but, the saying goes, mopar or nocar!

Old 12-25-2005, 09:22 PM

The only toyota i'd really be interested in is the 4runner, or a truck. I don't like the cars.. because of the fact that you can "rice" them... it's typical and people expect you to do it. Its like if you don't "rice" your car then you're weird, and on top of that you've got people harassing you about why you didn't "rice" it out. I like American cars, but they don't seem to like me very much. I like Ford, Chevy, Jeep, and Pontiac... I don't know what I'm going to to anymore about my car I feel like giving up and letting it just die, but I need it to get to work and school...
sigh... stupid bad car luck..

Old 12-25-2005, 11:05 PM

toyota truck and 4runners kick butt. the only problem is finding one that is nice and not extremly expensive. i

Old 12-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: ChryslerNamedTrixie

I don't like the cars.. because of the fact that you can "rice" them... it's typical and people expect you to do it. Its like if you don't "rice" your car then you're weird, and on top of that you've got people harassing you about why you didn't "rice" it out.
Try driving a Neon, lol... It's not as bad as driving a Jap car, but pretty close

ORIGINAL: jrandis04

toyotas are plain, unless u rice them up, but i drove one for 3 years and they are dependable cars. but, the saying goes, mopar or nocar!
That's true and probably the only reason they are one of the most popular...

Quick Reply: I HATE MY CHRYSLER!!!