Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

More Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 PM

Oh, the AC works out the defrost great all day long.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:40 PM

Control head problem. See the other thread. Like I said there, my junkyard control head gave out after a couple of years and I bought a brand new one from a dealer and it's been working fine ever since.
The defrost mode is the "fail safe" mode for the computer. It figures that "defrost" is the one mode to go to when it loses an input signal.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 AM

Ok, I took the head unit apart and cleaned it up and the AC works great!

Replaced the rear drivers side motor and it is now going up and down great.

Also, found that someone didn't reconnect the wiring harness to the sunroof switch. That was easy, but how did it get this way. I have a feeling that this car has been in a wreck with some of the other tail tell signs.

Only thing left is the rear speakers. I did realize that there is a device under the passenger seat that has to do with the stereo system, but not sure exactly what it is. This might be the issue, but not sure.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:11 AM

That device under the seat is an amplifier for the premium (Infinity) sound system. If yours is an aftermarket stereo in the dash then there's no telling how they dealt with that part of the system. Most likely they wired it out completely. I doubt that there is any aftermarket stereo that will work properly with that amplifier.
If yours still has the factory stereo, then it might be working properly but just needs to have the wiring checked. If they forgit to re-connect the sunroof switch they might have missed a connector for the rear speakers as well.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:36 PM

I would be very interested in hearing about your rear speakers issue. I am going to post my own question about mine as well. There are several head units for the 2001 Sebring. Mine has two seven wire plugs, a PCI and antenna wire. The amp under the seat has two plugs in it. All six sets of speaker wires seem to go through this tiny little amp (amazing.) It is not fun getting it out and unhooking the wires. I finally just took the seat out. I was hoping there would be a consistent set of issues like this so the problem would be easier to target.

Wraiththe.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:16 AM

It still has the original cassette 3 band equalizer stereo and the amp under the passenger seat. I pulled the interior apart and was able to trace the wires from the rear speakers to the amp and checked the for continuity and they are good.

So, I beleive it may be in the stereo itself as the **** for the volume doesn't work that well. Sometimes when I turn it down the volume goes up, go figure.

I'd like to keep the original stereo, partially do to the fact I am frugal(cheap) and I have a cassette adapter that will allow me to plug in my iPhone.

I will see if I can find a replacement and let you know.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:42 AM

Keep an eye peeled for a replacement on eBay. They come up every once in a while. You might also find a repair facility locally. Nowadays, people tend not to repair stereos but to throw them away and buy new, but there may be somebody near you who knows how to weild a soldering iron.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:53 PM

I would like to add, that if the unit has a CD changer controller, it is very easy to get a harness that will plug into it and allow you to use your iPhone directly plugged into it... you will get the best sound possible that way.