Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Need help with headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Default Need help with headlights

Good morning all,

I am brand new here to the forum and I am brand new to Chrysler - as I bought a used 2006 Sebring convertible over the weekend.

The only problem I have is, neither low beam headlight works! All the other lights work - including the high beams.

I put new bulbs in thinking that might be it - but it wasn't.

In poking around, I saw the fuses inside the car for the lights and checked all of them... they are good.

I noticed under the hood in the fuse box there are four large relays or something along the top of that unit... only the 3 right-most relays were in place, however... the left most one is empty...

What are your thoughts?

Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 PM

The owners manual and the underside of the fuse box covers contain information about what does what in the fuse boxes. You can download an owners manual for your car at chrysler.com.

Headlights have circuit breakers instead of fuses so that's probably not the problem. You might have a problem at the switch. It's called the multifunction switch. Check it out with a good volt-ohm-meter. If it needs replacement, check around at auto parts stores and on the internet for a good price.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM

You NAILED it... the place I bought the car from put a brand new multi function switch in and problem solved... but it is causing two new problems...

1... now when I put on the left turn signal, when the wheel turns back it is not clicking off the blinker... it works for the right blinker, but not the left.

2... does this car have a delayed headlight system? Do they stay on after the car is off?

I ask because twice since the switch was put in today, the headlights were on when I turned off the car and they seemed to stay on... I rotated the light switch to on, then back off and they went off...

strange?

Old 05-05-2014, 10:00 PM

1. Hmmm. Maybe they didn't install the switch exactly right. It should (obviously) cancel in both directions.

2. That's exactly how the headlight delayed-off is supposed to work. Try leaving them on to see if they turn off. Only the headlights should be on. They should go off in a minute or so. Check the owners manual. I'm not sure whether that's an option or standard equipment. With your VIN, you can go to a Chrysler dealership and get a printout of all the options the car was built with. Go to the parts counter and ask.

Old 05-06-2014, 05:27 AM

The headlights stayed on for 4 mins until I manually went in a turned the lights on and then off to get them to go off... I didn't want the battery to go dead.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:17 PM

What does the owners manual say?

Old 05-10-2014, 06:28 AM

didn't come with a manual.

But I brought it back to the used car dealer and they put in ANOTHER MF switch... and the blinker STILL doesn't turn off and the lights STILL stay on... I give up

Old 05-10-2014, 08:36 AM

You can download an owners manual at chrysler.com. Maybe you missed that above.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:14 PM
Default Headlights good on low bad on High

I have the oem replacements on the 2005 towne and coutnry. The dims are good, but when you put on the brights, it kicks down several times on the brightness level. No one flashes us with the brights on. I am either experiencing a short somewhere or there is something I dont know about these. Good dims, bad or losing power to brights.

Old 08-01-2015, 09:20 AM

Welcome to the forum, shroom. You have posted your question in a Sebring forum but mention that you have a 2005 Town and Country. That's a completely different vehicle and there is another forum here devoted to it. It is a very active forum with many people who are on it regularly but I doubt that they will see your question unless you post it up there. I would recommend that you start a new thread there rather than trying to put a new question into an old thread. If the old thread answers your question then there's no point in posting it. If it doesn't answer your question then it isn't relevant.