Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Persistent #2 misfire. 2.7

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Default Persistent #2 misfire. 2.7

hello I have a misfire and no signal to #2 injector. I have replaced the injector, the signal wire from the PCM and the PCM. Still no signal to injector. If I ground it out it will smooth out the run for a bit so I know it will put fuel in the cylinder when forced to. But I can’t get the signal from the PCM. Could I have two bad pcm drivers just for that cylinder? I did try the cam sensor unplug with no results. I have had the map sensor replaced also. I just tried to unplug the noise suppressor. No luck. What tells the computer to send the signal to the injector to open? Is it the crankshaft sensor?

I dont know where where else to fix this.

Also. I am guessing this is due to the no fuel and code throwing (engine light switches between on and flashing when driven) and putting the car in a limp mode but , it will also buck when taking it down the road if I get into the throttle too hard or if the motor is trying to downshift to get power... hoping that’s a symptom and not a cause of something even worse

thanks

Old 06-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Default Btw. It’s a 2006 seabring convertible touring.

Originally Posted by Randy.olson
hello I have a misfire and no signal to #2 injector. I have replaced the injector, the signal wire from the PCM and the PCM. Still no signal to injector. If I ground it out it will smooth out the run for a bit so I know it will put fuel in the cylinder when forced to. But I can’t get the signal from the PCM. Could I have two bad pcm drivers just for that cylinder? I did try the cam sensor unplug with no results. I have had the map sensor replaced also. I just tried to unplug the noise suppressor. No luck. What tells the computer to send the signal to the injector to open? Is it the crankshaft sensor?

I dont know where where else to fix this.

Also. I am guessing this is due to the no fuel and code throwing (engine light switches between on and flashing when driven) and putting the car in a limp mode but , it will also buck when taking it down the road if I get into the throttle too hard or if the motor is trying to downshift to get power... hoping that’s a symptom and not a cause of something even worse

thanks
2006 seabring convertible 146000. Runs very well otherwise