Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Power windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Default Power windows

I just got a used Chrysler Sebring 4 door yesterday from a used car lot and I went to go today and two of the power windows were not working. The drivers side and the rear passenger windows are the ones that were affected. I could see that the one on the passenger side was moving ever so slightly and after driving the car for a while the drivers side one started working again.

I am just curious if there is something that I should look at on this or are there any known fixes for this issue.

I do have to say that I love the car I just need to work out the gremlins out of this used car.

Also does anyone know what is used to attach the rear seat to the body of the car, the part that the passengers would sit on is loose and I see two tabs coming out of the bottom but there is just big open holes in the body.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:54 PM

It could be that the previous owner never put the windows down and they just are stuck from non-use. With air conditioning some people just never use the windows.

The rear seat cushion is supposed to clip in. No screws or bolts. It's made to be quickly and easily popped in at the assembly plant. Not sure about the "big holes" you describe. Is it a rust hole through the floorpan?

Old 02-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Well this is what I am speaking about for the holes, also all the windows did work when I tested them at the lot. My drivers side worked great yesterday and had issues today.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Here's the instructions from the shop manual for installation of the rear seat cushion:

Note: Verify visibility of "Latch" bars in the seat bite area.

1 Place rear seat cushion in position.
2 Guide seat belts through loops.
3 Engage retainer loops into cup on floor kick-up.
4 Push downward at forward edge at each retainer loop of the rear seat cushion to engage retainers.

Sometimes the wires leading to the drivers door break from the slight flexing that occurs from opening and closing the door. It's possible to peel back the rubber boot to check for broken wires at that point.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Thanks, I am curious about the shop manual that you have. Is there a good one for me to go out and get. My last car was a vw and I had the bently manual for that so I just would like to know if there is the same equivalent shop manual for the sebring...

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 PM

I have one from Chrysler and also a Haynes. I got the Chrysler version on eBay. It is actually a set of books. They come and go on eBay every once in a while so you need to keep an eye peeled.
Haynes is a lot cheaper but limited in coverage. Still, I think it's a good investment.