Other Any other Chrysler within.

1993 Chrysler LeBaron LE sedan power windows and AC both out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Default 1993 Chrysler LeBaron LE sedan power windows and AC both out.

Hi. My 93 LeBaron just lost both its AC and its power windows -- both at the same time, which is a bit of astrange coincidence. However, because both quitat the same time, I am almost positive that some wiring failed. It's hard and dangerous to try to drive with it like this in 100 + degree weather, as passing out on the road is not my idea of fun.

I checked the AC fuse and the power windows circuit breaker in the driver's side fuse block, and both worked fine, conducted energy, so need help, please. I'm on a fixed budget, and money is tight for me this month, so taking it to the mechanic is out.

Your good advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
Princess [sm=vader1.gif] [sm=badbadbad.gif]
(And please say hello to Darth, my "alter ego.")

Old 07-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Default RE: 1993 Chrysler LeBaron LE sedan power windows and AC both out.

Still need help. Chryslertech, are you still there?

Thanks.

Princess

Old 07-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

I am here all the time almost like a second job hehe. B4 we go any further have u checked for blown fuses? and what part of the ac does not work any more?? the blower fan,the compressor the outside fan??

Old 07-22-2007, 04:07 AM

Hi Dude!

Yeah, I checked some of them, the ones under the dash. The fuses there were good, but it was very hot here today, and I didn't get outside to check any others. Other than that, I looked at my Haynes book yesterday and discovered that the reason I couldn't find the fuse box in the engine compartment was that the picture that they showed was upside-down compared to the other photos in the book. LOL! Now that I know where it's at, I'll take a look there, too.

That's kinda tough when someone has to rely on image continuity to figure out how to replace stuff. However, this is not the first time I have gotten under the hood of my own car. The first time was to replace a starter. Then for a while, I had to still start the car by touching a wire that screwed onto the starter to the negative battery terminal. I hated that, so when I got the money saved up, I took it to a mechanic to have that fixed. The point is that I am comfortable doing many mechanical functions on my car, but I have to find the problem first, and upside-down images don't help much.

I also looked up the cost of a complete new wiring harness for her, and I nearly died of sticker shock! Therefore, I'm dearly hoping that replacing a blown fuse or twowill do the job.

Anyway, I apologize for the rambling letter and the delay in answering. I'm a writer and editor, and as you well know,work had to come first. Thanks.

Cheers,
Princess

Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

so is the fan inside the one not worksing or what?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Hi, CT. Glad to hear from you. The fan in the passenger compartment is not working. Thx.

Princess [sm=badbadbad.gif] [sm=vader1.gif]

Old 07-25-2007, 03:40 AM

Hi, CT:

I was poking around the engine compartment (after disconnecting the negative battery terminal -- my momma didn't raise me to be a dummy -- LOL) and could not find the fuse box that the Haynes manual said was in the engine compartment of SOME later-model cars (up to and including 1993), but I found what looks to be a "relay farm," where the Princessmobile is sprouting relays behind the battery. I have at least 5 of them there. I am almostafraid to open the hood tomorrow morning, in case two of the relays got together overnight and had a baby, you know. [sm=vader.gif]

I did find a box attached vertically to the wall of the engine compartment behind the right headlight. It has what looks like another relay on the lid, which faces the engine. Wires of various colors come out of the "relay" and from the bottom of the box. It also has aluminum fins coming out of the front of it, towards the headlight. They kind of remind me of the heatsink inside some computers.

So, before I go and rip my knuckles to shreds tomorrow morningtrying to get that open, is this the fuse box I have been looking for? Or should I go with my other idea of checking an area that the book says is behind the glove box to check a fuse or relay that the book says is there?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Princess

Old 08-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Hey Guys:

I have been unable to scrape up the funds to get the work done on the fuses for my blower motor and power windows. However, with the first of the month coming up, I will have some money to work on it then. Still no luck on the fuse box that is supposed to be behind the battery, according to the text in the book. All I have back there are six relays -- three that face the front and three that are on the left side wall of the engine compartment.

I still need help, so where do I look -- the relays or the fuses that are supposed to be behind the glove box? Also, in case it's a relay, what would a blown relay look like?

Please help. It gets really hot inside there! [sm=badbadbad.gif] [sm=icon_flaming.gif] [sm=helpout.gif]

Old 07-19-2017, 11:09 PM
Default Windos and ac not working

[QUOTE=Princessmobile;10539]Hi. My 93 LeBaron just lost both its AC and its power windows -- both at the same time, which is a bit of astrange coincidence. However, because both quitat the same time, I am almost positive that some wiring failed. It's hard and dangerous to try to drive with it like this in 100 + degree weather, as passing out on the road is not my idea of fun.

I checked the AC fuse and the power windows circuit breaker in the driver's side fuse block, and both worked fine, conducted energy, so need help, please. I'm on a fixed budget, and money is tight for me this month, so taking it to the mechanic is out.

I had the same thing happen to my 94 lebaron my issue was the switch broke. When you turn you're key on in your car it contacts a switch that lets these things work that switch is probably your problem.You can get it at a parts place I can't Renner the price but its about 60 or less I believe.
Janice