Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Problem with lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Default Problem with lights

2001 Convertible.

Two separate (I think) issues.

1) Some of the lights surrounding the gauges in the instrument cluster do not work. I was going to take the instrument cluster out so I could replace the bulbs, but every now and then they work. In the recent sub-freezing weather I have had, they all began to work. Since I had most of the interior apart anyway, I did the next step and took out the cluster and cleaned all the connectors with contact cleaner just to make sure things stay working. Now only one of the illumination lights is on (it looks like all signal and warning lights still work fine). Any idea why this would happen and how to fix? I'll take it all apart later this week and try each bulb individually.

2) When I turn the headlights on, the driver's side is very dim. If I turn the brights on, then the driver's side low will shine at the correct intensity. But, sometimes the driver's high beam won't turn on and I am stuck with a very dim bulb. I was going to clean the connections to try to fix it, but the issue above makes me think that I will not have the success I desire.

MRR

Old 02-17-2009, 02:34 PM

Dim lights usually means a bad ground. Look for corrosion in and under the ground strap. There are numerous grounds to be checked.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 PM

Installed new bulbs in the gauge cluster (possibly wrong voltage) and a new headlight adapter. Seems to work just fine now.

MRR