Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

strange electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Default strange electrical problem

I truly am an idiot, that is obvious, but i do need someone to get me out of this mess. I was in the middle of installing a new cd player and had to drive somewhere, and i left the cd player out, but the loose wiring harnesses hanging out of the dashboard. Something must have crossed and now half my dashboard does not work. Here is a list of the problems in the hopes that someone can grasp what the hell is wrong with my car.

No power locks from either the keyless entry or the lock switch on the door UNLESS the key is in the ignition and i hit the button on the keyless entry...

The trunk button no longer works, and the keyless entry button does not work, either.

The factory cd player does not work, however when the headlights are on, the **** and buttons illuminate as though it did...?

The power mirrors do not work.

The trip computer on the dashboard works, but it resets every time the car is turned off.

That is about it. I am sure it is probably a fuse or two or several that were blown when the wires crossed, but I do not know which fuses are bad, and i can not afford to take my car to a chrysler dealership. Someone please help me.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Default RE: strange electrical problem

well, I replaced one fuse and fixed most of those problems, however my air conditioning now only works some of the time. I've checked every other fuse on the inside of the car and every fuse on the outside that I could get out and none of them are blown. What else could cause the air conditioning to fail?

Old 09-16-2006, 01:33 PM

What fuse was blown? I'm having the identical problem with my 99 cirrus. OEM Radio lights come on with headlights, power locks and mirrors don't work, interior lights and trunk button don't work. The stop/interior light fuse keeps blowing in the engine compartment.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:29 PM

Problem solved. I started tracing wires looking for a short and started with the drivers door. The power mirror switch was fried and melted. I unplugged it, clipped and capped the shorted wires, everything else works as it should now!