Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

2011 300C EVIC, Tach and Speedometer lights cycling

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 10:04 AM

We actually got to the point that the instrument cluster issue started running the battery down so we went to my dealer.
They actually found two problems. One was a faulty board in the cluster so they replaced the whole thing under my extended warranty. They also found a wiring harness under the drivers seat that had been rubbing metal which was killing the battery.
Car is much better but there is still an issue with the instrument cluster blinking if you turn the car off, don't lock it and it can still see a key. Sometimes it will light up and go through the go to sleep process once or twice and then is fine. This never happens if you lock the door an walk away. This is still a work in progress.
Also, the AC will not let you engage the recirculate mode unless the cabin is relatively cool when you start the car. If it's too hot, no go. It used to work anytime I tuned it on.
From what I read, there is a humidity sensor on the mirror but my dealer says the car doesn't have one based on my VIN. It's there as I can see it and I know from previous experience that the parts lists for this car are full of mistakes.
Would appreciate some input on this.
May thanks to all that affected help.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:58 AM

Maybe yours has a problem in the TIPM like the older ones. It was a chronic problem on Chrysler vehicles over several model years and vehicles.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:19 AM

Thanks Turbobill,
I don't know what the TIPM is but will research it. I need some better symptoms and info for the dealer if it has to go back again. I got a new humidity sensor yesterday and will try and replace it today.
I'm disabled physically so I have to move slower than most.
I'll definitely keep the forum updated on this as things develop.
Thanks again to all who have contributed.

Note to Kori: We love this car and love our dealer even more. They have been absolutely the best with all of this.